Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered User

Default Crocosmia question.

Hi everyone, this year I moved my lupins to a different area of the garden & bought some 'crocosmia crocosmiiflora' bulbs to bring a splash warmth and colour, we planted them in late april at the spacing of ten centimetres. The problem is I see no sign of the flowers, I've left the area un-weeded (aside from those which I am certain are weeds and not flowers, as I keep reiterating I'm a complete gardening novice) What do young crocosmia look like? What should I be seeing at this stage? I followed the instructions to the letter, is there any reason why they wouldn't show up? The flowering time is supposed to be July to September. Any advice very welcome.