Old 17-07-2009, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Yet more *** rain

On 17 July, 20:26, moghouse wrote:
On Jul 17, 4:12*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

If things get any drier I might have to buy a camel!

I doubt if you inhabitants of the UK desert (Essex) could cope with
our anual rainfall of 80+ inches a year

No chance. You lot will be having offspring with gills and water wings
fitted soon! I expect you will be changing your name to Noah and
ordering up the timber any time now.

Can't get the timber for an Ark as it's all gone to Essex for
decking..
But dont wory we have our own answer

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../coracle01.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../coracle02.jpg

David Hill

Old 17-07-2009, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"moghouse" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 11:53 am, "Kathy" wrote:

I don't know what bit of Anglia you live in Mog, but my bit got a four
hour
thunderstorm and around an inch of rain last night. More threatening now.

On the Essex coast (what is euphemistically called the Tendring
Peninsular),

Ah. Wrong side of the rivers :-}

probably the best weather in the country because we face
south. Our rainfall last night might have struggled to a centimetre
but I doubt it. Going into the garden this morning there are places
where the rain does not seem to have penetrated at all - does this
mean I should do some pruning? Incidently we watched your thunderstorm
last night, my cat was very unimpressed.

She's braver then my three then! It is rare that I have all three trying to
get on my lap at once, but a few of the thunder claps last night had them
doing so.

Bright and sunny again this
morning, though I understand it rained in Colchester.

Yes, and here again this evening. Looking at the forcast, we will probably
get some more tonight. Might even hit your bit!

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Old 17-07-2009, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 17, 9:09*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

No chance. You lot will be having offspring with gills and water wings
fitted soon! I expect you will be changing your name to Noah and
ordering up the timber any time now.

Can't get the timber for an Ark as it's all gone to Essex for
decking..
But dont wory we have our own answer

Silly boy, how are you going to get a pair of elephants into one of
those?
Old 17-07-2009, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-17 23:01:20 +0100, moghouse said:

On Jul 17, 9:09*pm, Dave Hill wrote:

No chance. You lot will be having offspring with gills and water wings
fitted soon! I expect you will be changing your name to Noah and
ordering up the timber any time now.

Can't get the timber for an Ark as it's all gone to Essex for
decking..
But dont wory we have our own answer

Silly boy, how are you going to get a pair of elephants into one of
those?

Tsk! The usual way - one in the front and one in the back!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 18-07-2009, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"moghouse" wrote in message
On Jul 17, 9:09 pm, Dave Hill wrote:

No chance. You lot will be having offspring with gills and water wings
fitted soon! I expect you will be changing your name to Noah and
ordering up the timber any time now.

Can't get the timber for an Ark as it's all gone to Essex for
decking..
But dont wory we have our own answer

Silly boy, how are you going to get a pair of elephants into one of
those?

The weather man on radio4 earlier, started off by saying there had been
sightings of Noah's Ark

Old 18-07-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 17, 11:10*pm, Sacha wrote:

Silly boy, how are you going to get a pair of elephants into one of
those?

Tsk! *The usual way - one in the front and one in the back!

Well at least that's a balanced approach.