Old 25-07-2009, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Building some baisc shelving

Before I make a cock up of it.

I want to make some shelving for my shed.

I am talking basic stuff with cheap as chips materials and basic designs.

One shelf unit will be roughly 95cm across and 50cm deep. The other 90 by
40.

There will be roughly 4 shelfs on each unit.

I have chosen 38mm by 68mm CLS timber as the frame and 12mm thick MDF as the
shelving.

What I plan on doing is getting the 4 pieces of CLS as the frames. Then
cutting short lengths of CLS and putting them in horizontally as supports
(i.e 4 on each side connecting the posts together and then screwing the
shelves into these supports

I have bought some metal angle brackets to use as supports.
http://pickardhardware.com/images/Fl...-%20GH2050.jpg
the ones i got are 60 by 60mm i think.

Essentially i want something like this but wider and obviously using wooden
shelves:
http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/ima...O2234-?wid=380

I will only have the supports going the short 50cm way down the sides as
opposed to going across as well.

My main issue will probably be supports. i don't expect major weight on the
shelves, will the angle brackets do the job? the other technique i could use
it cutting squares of the CLS and connecting them to the support post and
then connecting the cross beam to them 9if that makes sense!)

Any tips?

Old 25-07-2009, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!
Old 26-07-2009, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mo" wrote in message
post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!

Pity - I could have offered lots of "advice" !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 26-07-2009, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

"mo" wrote in message
post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!

Pity - I could have offered lots of "advice" !

i have reposted it in the uk-diy newgroup.

Old 28-07-2009, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mo" wrote in message
post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!

Pity - I could have offered lots of "advice" !

i have reposted it in the uk-diy newgroup.

sorry - i do not do that one.
feel free to come back here if they do not come up with the goods.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 28-07-2009, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mo" wrote in message
post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!

Pity - I could have offered lots of "advice" !

i have reposted it in the uk-diy newgroup.

sorry - i do not do that one.

I don't think many people do. Try free.uk.diy.home

Steve

Old 28-07-2009, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mo" wrote in message
post in wrong newsgroup, ignore!

Pity - I could have offered lots of "advice" !

i have reposted it in the uk-diy newgroup.

sorry - i do not do that one.

I don't think many people do. Try free.uk.diy.home

OOps -i do not do that one either !
There is of course the obvious - uk rec sheds which I do not suggest trying
(:-(

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com