Old 27-07-2009, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raining still

In message , Sacha
writes

On 2009-07-26 21:12:26 +0100, Dave Hill said:
snip

To support the tree dahlias I have 9ft posts knocked into the
ground
every 30 ft then the canes inbetween strung near the top and tied to
the posts, the dahlias are then either tied to the canes or a string
around the clump with 2 or 3 canes
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20mist/Treeda...
.jpg
One of my seedlings from last year has rather interesting young
foliage, a nice plants even without flowers
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20mist/Foliag...
a.jpg

David Hill
That foliage is lovely - be interesting to see how it matures.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

Another 1.15 inches of rain overnight that takes us to 15.75 inches
so
far this month with a lot more to come in the next few days.
I wonder if I could field grow waterlilies ?
David hill

Oh David, how depressing it is. It's not actually raining here today
but it's not looking good, either. We did start with a sunny day but
not for long! It's particularly hard on someone doing your sort of
work, too.

It is bound to clear up by next week. ( Isn't it ??) I sincerely hope
so
--
June Hughes

Old 27-07-2009, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:06:21 +0100, K wrote
(in article ):

Sacha writes
Nice warm car bonnet, what more could a moggie ask for?!

A roof to keep the rain off?
A nice soft blanket?

Regular delivery of a small portion of chicken liver, roast partridge or
venison?

You've met my cats then :-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 27-07-2009, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-26 21:12:26 +0100, Dave Hill said:
snip

[...]

Forecast for Wednesday is for even more very heavy rain with a severe weather
warning in David's part of the world .
--

Martin

Not here it isn't, sun and more sun. However, today's brilliant
scorching sunshine has turned into high winds, oh my poor plants.

Judith
Old 27-07-2009, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-27 12:06:21 +0100, K said:

Sacha writes
Nice warm car bonnet, what more could a moggie ask for?!

A roof to keep the rain off?
A nice soft blanket?

Regular delivery of a small portion of chicken liver, roast partridge
or venison?

;-)) Velvet cushion, I suppose, too!!

Old 28-07-2009, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
, Dave
Hill writes
On 2009-07-26 21:12:26 +0100, Dave Hill said:
snip

[...]

We've had over 90mm here(Cheshire) compared to average over the last 14
years of 60mm which coincidentally was also the average monthly rainfall
quoted in a geographic atlas published in 1956.
South Cheshire Show in Nantwich tomorrow so I hope it stays dry for
them.
--
hugh