Old 15-08-2009, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Thick strimmer cable?

So far my googling hasn't been successful so can anyone point me to an
online supplier of THICK strimmer cable please? The cable I've been
using with my Efco 8250 petrol strimmer is 2.4 mm in diameter and
breaks frustratingly often.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old 15-08-2009, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 15, 11:11*am, Terry Pinnell
wrote:
So far my googling hasn't been successful so can anyone point me to an
online supplier of THICK strimmer cable please? The cable I've been
using with my Efco 8250 petrol strimmer is 2.4 mm in diameter and
breaks frustratingly often.

I got a thicker one at B&Q - no trade name on it.
Old 15-08-2009, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
So far my googling hasn't been successful so can anyone point me to an
online supplier of THICK strimmer cable please? The cable I've been
using with my Efco 8250 petrol strimmer is 2.4 mm in diameter and
breaks frustratingly often.

I got a thicker one at B&Q - no trade name on it.

Try looking for your local agricultural merchants, they should stock
some.
David Hill
Old 26-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post

wrote:
So far my googling hasn't been successful so can anyone point me to an
online supplier of THICK strimmer cable please? The cable I've been
using with my Efco 8250 petrol strimmer is 2.4 mm in diameter and
breaks frustratingly often.

I got a thicker one at B&Q - no trade name on it.

Try looking for your local agricultural merchants, they should stock
some.
David Hill
You might also want to try strimmerline.com, they are the UK importers of Desert Extrusion strimmer line. They've got different line profiles available in all sizes and it's all commercial grade co-polymer line that lasts a lot longer than lower grade lines.
Old 26-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Turner View Post
You might also want to try strimmerline.com, they are the UK importers of Desert Extrusion strimmer line. They've got different line profiles available in all sizes and it's all commercial grade co-polymer line that lasts a lot longer than lower grade lines.
If it's breaking so often because you are strimming heavier weeds like nettle and dock, you may want to consider a brushcutter head instead of a line

Old 29-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucus View Post
If it's breaking so often because you are strimming heavier weeds like nettle and dock, you may want to consider a brushcutter head instead of a line
Agree, something like the a PivoTrim Strimmer Heads, they prevent line breakages from having a pivoting action where the line meets the heads for when you hit hard obstacles. The website mentioned above sells them.