Old 12-11-2009, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Datil seed

Hello all,

Back in the 90s I grew a chilli pepper called Datil, from seed. I'd
like to grow it again, but can't find any seed to buy anywhere. Can
anyone help please? It's Capsicum Chinense.

Cheers,
Wendy
Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Wendy wrote
Back in the 90s I grew a chilli pepper called Datil, from seed. I'd
like to grow it again, but can't find any seed to buy anywhere. Can
anyone help please? It's Capsicum Chinense.

That's one of the Habanero chillies but none of the seed merchants I can
think of does it. There is a seed merchant in the USA that has it if you do
a Google search.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 12-11-2009, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 12, 2:58 pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Wendy wrote Back in the 90s I grew a chilli pepper called Datil, from seed. I'd
like to grow it again, but can't find any seed to buy anywhere. Can
anyone help please? It's Capsicum Chinense.

That's one of the Habanero chillies but none of the seed merchants I can
think of does it. There is a seed merchant in the USA that has it if you do
a Google search.

Yes I think I got it from the States before. I just thought that
perhaps now someone would do it in the UK. You can get just about any
other type of chilli seed! But thanks for that anyway, I'll have a
look at some US companies.

Wendy

Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ruby Hare" wrote in message
Hello all,

Back in the 90s I grew a chilli pepper called Datil, from seed. I'd
like to grow it again, but can't find any seed to buy anywhere. Can
anyone help please? It's Capsicum Chinense.

Cheers,
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

The Chilli Pepper Company in Cumbria sell Capsicum c. 'Datil'.

Their telepone number is 015395 58110 or use their email:

or amaze yourself on their website:
www.thechillipeppercompany.co.uk

Spider

Old 13-11-2009, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 12, 5:43 pm, "Spider" wrote:

Hi Wendy,

The Chilli Pepper Company in Cumbria sell Capsicum c. 'Datil'.

Their telepone number is 015395 58110 or use their email:

or amaze yourself on their website:www.thechillipeppercompany.co.uk

Hi Spider,

Thanks for the recommendation. Nice site. Unfortunately they don't
seem to actually sell datil seeds.

Cheers,
Wendy

Old 13-11-2009, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 13, 9:36 am, Charlie Pridham
wrote:
In article 9cdbcc84-4ece-451e-9500-

Wendy wrote Back in the 90s I grew a chilli pepper called Datil, from seed. I'd
like to grow it again, but can't find any seed to buy anywhere. Can
anyone help please? It's Capsicum Chinense.

Can you not save some seed from this years crop?

If I'd grown it this year I most certainly would! However as I said
above, it's many years since I grew it, sadly.

Wendy

Old 13-11-2009, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ruby Hare" wrote in message
On Nov 12, 5:43 pm, "Spider" wrote:

Hi Wendy,

The Chilli Pepper Company in Cumbria sell Capsicum c. 'Datil'.

Their telepone number is 015395 58110 or use their email:

or amaze yourself on their website:www.thechillipeppercompany.co.uk

Hi Spider,

Thanks for the recommendation. Nice site. Unfortunately they don't
seem to actually sell datil seeds.

Cheers,
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I promise you it was there moments before I posted! I typed in their web
address and had another look .. it wasn't there! Instead, I retraced my
steps and googled exactly as I did originally, entering Suppliers of
Capsicum Chinense 'Datil' SEEDS in UK only. As previously, it located the
Chilli Pepper Company .. on Page 4 of Chilli Seeds (just as before) was
Datil .. a yellow pepper. It was - IS - priced at £1.75 plus £2.00 GBP for
post and packing.

I don't know why one search finds it and another doesn't, and I can quite
see why you responded as you did :~), but it *is* there. Try going through
google with my search entry and see what happens. ... or perhaps you
telephoned or emailed them and they told you they didn't have it ... but
they *have* stocked it because it *is* on their website. It's just rather
like me .. not all there at a time! :~). Do, please, have another go.

Good luck.
Spider

Old 13-11-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote ...

,

[...]

I must admit I found it on their site the first time but have failed to find
in since, very strange.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 14-11-2009, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 13, 9:18*pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Ruby Hare" wrote in message

[...]

Very strange! Thanks for going to so much trouble Spider, I appreciate
it. I have contacted them via their website so await a reply with
baited breath. I'll report back.

Wendy

Old 14-11-2009, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote ...

"Ruby Hare" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote:

[...]

Quite wierd, but I glad you had a similar experience! Let's hope Wendy
finds it.

Spider

Old 14-11-2009, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ruby Hare" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 9:18 pm, "Spider" wrote:
"Ruby Hare" wrote in message

[...]

You're welcome, Wendy. I hope you get somewhere with it. I shall
certainly keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.

Spider

Old 04-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered User

You can find them on ebay, though the new Super Datil strain seems to be more prominent now. I just got my Super Datils in and am in the process of germinating them for an indoor hydro grow, they supposedly fruit much faster and grown 2-3x larger peppers than a regular datil.
I do have some normal Datil seeds from last year, I dont know what the laws are regarding shipping them to UK but I dont mind sending them out if you are still looking.

John
Old 10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered User

I promise you this time I am there! I entered your site address, and then take a look, it does not exist! Instead, I trace my Google the steps and I had exactly the same, enter the vendor chinensis Pepper 'Datil' seeds in the UK alone.