Old 16-11-2009, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chrysanth' mystery.

I've just picked up a chrysanthemum from the local B&Q which was being sold
off cheaply because it had had only half a label and its pot was damaged.
It's in full flower (pinky-white) and has hundreds of blossoms in a ball
shaped-plant...... about 12" tall..... very showy.
The only word I can see on the label appears to be Jasoda....something ?
Now I know nothing about chrysanths and I wonder if anyone can advise me on
what variety this might be and whether it is a HP or HHP.
Ideally, I would like to plant it in the garden...... I've got just the
spot..... but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so.

Can anyone help please.

vsop

Old 17-11-2009, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-11-16 18:35:24 +0000, "vsop" said:

I've just picked up a chrysanthemum from the local B&Q which was being
sold off cheaply because it had had only half a label and its pot was
damaged.
It's in full flower (pinky-white) and has hundreds of blossoms in a
ball shaped-plant...... about 12" tall..... very showy.
The only word I can see on the label appears to be Jasoda....something ?
Now I know nothing about chrysanths and I wonder if anyone can advise
me on what variety this might be and whether it is a HP or HHP.
Ideally, I would like to plant it in the garden...... I've got just the
spot..... but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so.

Can anyone help please.

vsop

Does this look like it? I think it's a florist's type, if you see what
I mean but you might get some cultivation tips from the site
http://www.gediflora.be/EN/producten...Jasoda%20white
http://www.gediflora.be/EN/producten...=Jasoda%20pink
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-11-2009, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"vsop" wrote in message
I've just picked up a chrysanthemum from the local B&Q which was being
sold off cheaply because it had had only half a label and its pot was
damaged.
It's in full flower (pinky-white) and has hundreds of blossoms in a ball
shaped-plant...... about 12" tall..... very showy.
The only word I can see on the label appears to be Jasoda....something ?
Now I know nothing about chrysanths and I wonder if anyone can advise me
on what variety this might be and whether it is a HP or HHP.
Ideally, I would like to plant it in the garden...... I've got just the
spot..... but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so.

Can anyone help please.

vsop

There is a strain of Chrysanths, including Jasoda Pink and Jasoda White.
Try a google and see if there's a pic to match yours.

Spider

Old 17-11-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message

"vsop" wrote in message
I've just picked up a chrysanthemum from the local B&Q which was being
sold off cheaply because it had had only half a label and its pot was
damaged.
It's in full flower (pinky-white) and has hundreds of blossoms in a ball
shaped-plant...... about 12" tall..... very showy.
The only word I can see on the label appears to be Jasoda....something ?
Now I know nothing about chrysanths and I wonder if anyone can advise me
on what variety this might be and whether it is a HP or HHP.
Ideally, I would like to plant it in the garden...... I've got just the
spot..... but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so.

Can anyone help please.

vsop

There is a strain of Chrysanths, including Jasoda Pink and Jasoda White.
Try a google and see if there's a pic to match yours.

Spider

The Jasoda range of chrysanths are derived from the 'charm' chrysanthemums
which have been grown for many years in the UK. They are usually grown in 7"
pots which are placed outside once the risk of frost has gone. When grown
for show, the plants are turned 90 degrees every day to ensure that the
plant develops a symmetrical shape. They are normally taken under cover in
September and flower in October and November. They would be unlikely to
survive outside in the winter, dampness being as much a killer as frost.
They are normally propagated from cuttings taken under glass in February.

HTH

Phil

Mystery Weed Identified, new mystery weed, Central Ohio Ron Hardin Plant Science 5 21-04-2006 11:23 PM
Chrysanth cuttings mich United Kingdom 6 19-05-2004 01:05 PM
Julie's Mystery Rose, Take Two! Shiva Roses 6 06-04-2003 12:08 AM
Julie's Mystery Rose DE BLOOM Shiva Roses 0 30-03-2003 05:44 AM
ID Please: Julie's Mystery Rose Shiva Roses 0 30-03-2003 05:20 AM