Old 28-11-2009, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can sombody explain?

Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 28-11-2009, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

Why does it matter to you?

Tina

Old 28-11-2009, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

Why does it matter to you?

Tina

How Ladylike ....... not :-((

Kindest possible regards

Old 28-11-2009, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening,
but no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and
'personal' emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly
any traffic at all.

QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

Why does it matter to you?

Tina

How Ladylike ....... not :-((

why should I be "ladylike"? Whatever that means. .

I asked a question I'd like a reply

Old 28-11-2009, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

'Mike' wrote:
QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

I weeded a whole 3x1m patch of the allotment today, if that helps.
It was exceptionally good digging, shame I went a bit late so only
did an hour. :-/

Still got deadly nightshade appearing all over the plot, which is
a bit worrying considering my 3 year old likes to Eat Stuff.

Old 29-11-2009, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Christina Websell wrote:

why should I be "ladylike"? Whatever that means. .

I asked a question I'd like a reply

Hi Tina - 'Mike' is a 2nd rate (sorry, 3rd rate) troll who is well known
here (and in other newsgroups).

Best just ignore him

Kindest possible regards, obviously ;-)

Jeff NE England
Old 29-11-2009, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Christina Websell writes

snip

Please, if you have to indulge in arguments, could you snip more
efficiently. Remember, for a lot of us, the only reason we're seeing the
original post is because you've kindly reposted it for us twice.
--
Kay
Old 29-11-2009, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can somebody explain?

"'Mike'" wrote
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

No chance to get on our soil now, it's too wet and trying to work it will
compact it so it would take a couple of years to get back to friable. Need a
few weeks of sun and wind to dry it out first.
Not being a gardener yourself you probably don't understand that you have to
know your soil and work it accordingly. It's why some questions here get
differing answers from different areas of the country.

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

Too busy with stuff we should have done in the summer but were gardening
instead. :-)

Real Gardeners? What does that mean? Some might say you have to be
professional to be a real gardener but then I've met some professionals that
know diddly squat about anything but their narrow area of expertise.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 29-11-2009, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

No chance to get on our soil now, it's too wet and trying to work it will
compact it so it would take a couple of years to get back to friable. Need
a few weeks of sun and wind to dry it out first.
Not being a gardener yourself you probably don't understand that you have
to know your soil and work it accordingly. It's why some questions here
get differing answers from different areas of the country.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob this was a general observation over quite some time, not a recent
observation for which I must apologise as I didn't make that clear.

It 'appears' that even when the soil is suitable to be worked on, ie 'Her
outdoors 'IS' outdoors', there is plenty of chit chat going on here, whereas
with gales and floods sweeping the country over the last few days or so,
uk.rec.gardening has been very VERY quiet. Not even the 'public' emails and
chit chat chin wagging on non gardening subjects as some seem to love to do.

Hope that explains

Old 29-11-2009, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

No chance to get on our soil now, it's too wet and trying to work it will
compact it so it would take a couple of years to get back to friable.
Need a
few weeks of sun and wind to dry it out first.
Not being a gardener yourself you probably don't understand that you
have to
know your soil and work it accordingly. It's why some questions here get
differing answers from different areas of the country.

Best not to confuse the non-gardener with too much reality. He
appears to believe that sunshine on the Isle of Wight is generated from
part of his anatomy
onto the entire UK.

Janet

Janet, you are just too kind with your words :-))))

How 'DO' you think them up? ;-(

Kindest possible regards

Old 29-11-2009, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:56:15 -0000, "Christina Websell"

I asked a question I'd like a reply

Christina, you are treading a path worn smooth by many others before
you. The liitle creep asks questions to wind people up and start
arguments like this one but never, ever gives a straight answer
himself.

It really isn't worth the trouble to respond.
Old 30-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Registered User

Location: Durham UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
Daylight. Nice and sunny. OK?

One would expect that the 'gardeners' of the site would be gardening, but
no, they are on uk.rec.gardening. Tons and tons of traffic and 'personal'
emails going backwards and forwards. ..... OK?

Rain. High Wind. Dark. Not suitable to get in the garden OK?

One would expect the 'gardeners' of the site to be busy with
questions/moans/prospects/plans/'personal emails' etc, but no. Hardly any
traffic at all.

QUESTION. How many of you are REAL gardeners?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk
Im busy gardening. Even though the weather is absolutley atrocious there is so much that needs to be done that you just cant stop gardening because of a little rain. I also dont understand your point about gardeners not posting anything! If they are not posting anything, then they are gardening right?

Old 30-11-2009, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"pied piper" wrote in message

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:56:15 -0000, "Christina Websell"

I asked a question I'd like a reply

Christina, you are treading a path worn smooth by many others before
you. The liitle creep asks questions to wind people up and start
arguments like this one but never, ever gives a straight answer
himself.

It really isn't worth the trouble to respond.

then why have u?

Because she is one of the 'Anti Mike' Brigade :-))

Old 30-11-2009, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:41:20 -0000, "pied piper"
wrote:

"Fuschia" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:56:15 -0000, "Christina Websell"

I asked a question I'd like a reply

Christina, you are treading a path worn smooth by many others before
you. The liitle creep asks questions to wind people up and start
arguments like this one but never, ever gives a straight answer
himself.

It really isn't worth the trouble to respond.

then why have u?

I didn't respond to him. Like many others I don't even see his posts,
unless someone innocently copies them. That's why I had a friendly
word with someone who did.