Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rain rain go away...

On 2009-12-07 19:03:34 +0000, said:

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Yup, winter pansies, Ophipogon (black one) ivies, tete a tete daffs etc. etc.
I take it you don't like yellow?

Too right no ideas why, just don't like yellow/orange. Finding it
jarring/unrelaxing (if that's a word.)
Like citrus yellow though and the bronzey orange that echinacea can go.

How odd. My aunt hates yellow flowers, too. We managed to get away
with marigolds, but mostly she planted buzy lizzies, since they are all
pinky bluey white!

And you've reminded me that I forgot to get the name of that little
blue flowered trailer... I'll get there eventually! We have big clumps
of Inula in the garden and Cephalaria gigantica has had to be hoicked
out by the ton - it's a very determined plant. Helinathus Lemon Queen
is a fantastically good value perennial, IOO and goes on flowering for
ages while the colour isn't too 'in your face'.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 08-12-2009, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Mine currently have some ivy, pansies, cyclamen and some kind of
non-trailing lobelia, apparently. (They don't look like any kind of
lobelia I've seen!)
Oh, it could be this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobelia_inflata

Oh right must have a look for that. Thanks

No problem. I found it by accident. :-)
(I picked it up in a "this looks nice, I wonder what it is" kind of way,
only found out cos the lady at the till knew it)

Mine has kind of red flowers starting to form, so it's possibly not
quite the same as that one, I didn't read far enough to check what
colours it comes in ...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Helinathus Lemon Queen is a fantastically good value perennial,

We sell a lot of that at my friend's plant stand when she opens for the
NGS
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-08 20:37:05 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Helinathus Lemon Queen is a fantastically good value perennial,

We sell a lot of that at my friend's plant stand when she opens for the NGS

I'm not a bit surprised. It's a wonderful plant and goes on and on
flowering until late in the year. Anyone who sees it should grab it
and enjoy it. Even those who don't like yellow! ;-) Tum tee tum tee
tum tee tum........... ;-)

Old 09-12-2009, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Anyone who sees it should grab it and enjoy it. Even those who don't
like yellow! ;-) Tum tee tum tee tum tee tum........... ;-)

Not a chance, though there are some nice bronzeier shades which we saw
at glen Chantry just before they closed the place. They did say that
they weren't very good plants and the more variety in colour from the
original they found the more weaker in growth.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-09 14:26:54 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
Anyone who sees it should grab it and enjoy it. Even those who don't
like yellow! ;-) Tum tee tum tee tum tee tum........... ;-)

Not a chance, though there are some nice bronzeier shades which we saw
at glen Chantry just before they closed the place. They did say that
they weren't very good plants and the more variety in colour from the
original they found the more weaker in growth.

See?! ;-) But - if you like the bronzey, coppery shades, have you got
Helenium Moerheim Beauty?

Rain rain go away Nad R Gardening 12 29-05-2011 11:43 PM
Rain, Rain, Rain Dave Hill United Kingdom 15 07-07-2009 10:24 AM
Rain...Rain....Rain David Hill United Kingdom 47 02-01-2004 01:51 AM
Rain, rain go away...!? [email protected] Gardening 9 09-06-2003 11:56 AM
Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA A guy named Emil Roses 2 15-02-2003 07:39 PM