Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-2009, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Drat - Vine Weevils!

Despite the rain, I went out to do a little job in the garden. Instead of
doing that job, I saw a very sad plant which needed some attention. The
plant was a once *beautiful* yellow Primula bulleyana which I'd bought on
holiday. It was magnificent! That same plant appeared collapsed and, when
I investigated, there were about 50 vine weevil larvae in the crown and
rootball of the plant. There is almost nothing left, and I doubt that that
'almost nothing' will survive. I will see what can be done, but it's not
hopeful. Boo hoo :~((

The birds are very happy though. They got an unexpected feast of plump
wriggly things .... I just got soaked to the skin, chilled through and fed
up for .. yup, bird food! :~(

I squelched my way indoors and hubby said "Did you get very wet, dear?"
Grrr!! It's just as well he made me a nice cup of tea :~).

Spider