Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default best gloves?

I don't wear gloves in the garden apart from my trusty welders gloves
for handling thorns and prickly stuff.
Someone i know would like a pair of really good gardening gloves for
Christmas but which ones would you recommend?
She wants them for general stuff and preferably ones that stop most
thorns.

On the other hand I'd love a pair that you can grip things with easily
but keep your hands warm/dry in the cold rain.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Tweedy wrote:
I don't wear gloves in the garden apart from my trusty welders gloves
for handling thorns and prickly stuff.
Someone i know would like a pair of really good gardening gloves for
Christmas but which ones would you recommend?
She wants them for general stuff and preferably ones that stop most
thorns.

On the other hand I'd love a pair that you can grip things with easily
but keep your hands warm/dry in the cold rain.

Janet

Nothing totally stops thorns. Go for something with leather palms.
--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Pete C
London UK

Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pete C
writes

Nothing totally stops thorns. Go for something with leather palms.

Actually my welders gloves/gauntlets do, even hawthorn, pyracantha and
more.
However she wasn't a pair just for normal anti prickle stuff she doesn't
want totally thornproof ones but she does want the ability to grasp
stuff like secateurs easily which the welders ones aren't so good at!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

On 5 Dec, 23:34, Janet Baraclough wrote:
* *I have used this kind for many years

http://www.healthandsafetysupplies.c...ated_Leather_G...

* ( you can also get them from screwfix under the name keepsafe.) *They
are soft and warm but completely thornproof
and last ages.

* * Janet

Yes, they're the type I favour - OK for most things but I have to take
them off for anything that needs a bit of dexterity. Not too bad in
the wet either so long as it isn't p...ing down but you're not going
to be out in that unless you have to be.

Rod