Old 29-12-2009, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default A bit of mindless fun on a foul day :-)

Pete Stockdale writes

I will refrain from answering your question exactly - but will qualify it
with the plants premise.

Penstemon cuttings.
Leeks
Strawberries
Cacti
Fuchsias
X cuttings (name escapes me !)

Cacti
Fuchsias, pelargoniums, scented pelargoniums
Various bulbs, eg Pancratium
Nicotiana sylvestris
Carob
Lots of other overwintering things and seedlings too small to be planted
out.
Cuttings of wayfaring tree and various other shrubs
Butterwort (in flower)
Large jasmine, also in flower
Ficus mcrophylla
A couple of tubs of mixed salad leaves and one of lettuce
Two comfortable chairs and a wind-up radio.
--
Kay
Old 29-12-2009, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

The aforementioned pc and its mouse
Printer
ECT telephone
Huge stack of filing and pending papers
More pens than you could shake a stick at
Book about cats
Old and new diaries
Stapler and hole punch
Card index
Darkened spectacles for pc use (forgot to put them on!)
My 2010 RHS Membership card (Xmas pressie from RG)

It all used to be tidy ... not any more :~(.
Spider

Old 29-12-2009, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

Starting from the right hand side:

Screen dust wipe in the shape of a small grey teddy
alice band
empty mug on a coaster,
sellotape dispenser
Sheet of paper bearing my AVG licence number and the make and model of the
tv I want
mouse mat and mouse, two pencils, pencil mug holding USB connector for the
mobile phone
keyboard and monitor
Canon printer
empty side plate
address book
two receipts
mobile phone
another pencil
some moisturiser
wage slip
some printouts.

This is a new desk, most of what would usually be on it is in piles on the
floor!

--
Kathy

Old 29-12-2009, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

snip
Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

snip

Because on a day like this desks are more interesting than greenhouses
and most of the members have a very good sense of humor, so I am not going
to say sorry :-)

kate

Good for you, Kate! :~)

Spider

Old 29-12-2009, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 19:24:40 +0000, "Pete Stockdale"
said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

But not everyone has a greenhouse. What's in yours?
--

I will refrain from answering your question exactly - but will qualify it
with the plants premise.

Penstemon cuttings.
Leeks
Strawberries
Cacti
Fuchsias
X cuttings (name escapes me !)

When I didn't have a greenhouse - and I never had one until I married
Ray - I'd have had to give a plant related answer (if insisted upon in
following your criteria but answering the OP at the same time) as x
number of catalogues, desired plants lists, order forms, planting
schemes roughed out rather badly, and probably some daft idea for a
pond somewhere. All of these would have sculled around my desk for
months - maybe a year, nobody ever accused me of being 'tidy' - and
would have been supplanted entirely by what I actually did by guess and
by God in the end.

BTW --- Puter, Hospital id pass and a glass of wine is the answer to
the OPs question.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Goodness, it's to be hoped the contents of the desk don't complement
one another!! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 30-12-2009, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

BTW --- Puter, Hospital id pass and a glass of wine is the answer
the OPs question.

Goodness, it's to be hoped the contents of the desk don't complement one
another!! ;-)

--

Not a lot - but at least I do not do clutter !

New puter due to arrive from mr Dell this morning.
I could be off line for some time (days) while I tussle with technology !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 30-12-2009, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Spider" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

snip
Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

snip

Because on a day like this desks are more interesting than greenhouses
and most of the members have a very good sense of humor, so I am not
going to say sorry :-)

kate

Good for you, Kate! :~)

Agreed

--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-12-2009, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message

BTW --- Puter, Hospital id pass and a glass of wine is the answer
the OPs question.

Goodness, it's to be hoped the contents of the desk don't complement one
another!! ;-)

--

Not a lot - but at least I do not do clutter !

New puter due to arrive from mr Dell this morning.
I could be off line for some time (days) while I tussle with technology !

Enjoy I just got a new Dell laptop for Christmas. I hated Win7 at first,
but I love it now

Good luck!
--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-12-2009, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

well thank you all for a very amusing thread, here is the contents of my
desk, tidier than usual cos I was given a new monitor and I had to make room
for it :-)

small torch
2 printers
shopping list
top of pen
jar handcream
assorted photographs
dictionary
anti-perspirant
teddy bear
phone
scanner
t,roll
various cables
small pile of papers
sewing machine
empty drinking glass
screwdriver
light bulb
packet of batterys

not too bad

Happy New Year Guys and Girls :-)

Old 31-12-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ophelia" wrote in message
Not a lot - but at least I do not do clutter !

New puter due to arrive from mr Dell this morning.
I could be off line for some time (days) while I tussle with technology !

Enjoy I just got a new Dell laptop for Christmas. I hated Win7 at
first, but I love it now

Good luck!

OOps - 24hrs behind schedule - delivery arrived today.

I am looking forward to Win 7 - totally bored with XP and glad to have
avoided the vista experience.
Commissioning is now the first job for twentyten.
Good Luck certainly needed and welcomed.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:33:51 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

What is on your pc desk right now ?

A 4GB memory key
An unused golf scorecard from my club (Waterton Park)
A thank-you sticker from the NSPCC
A HP PDA
A phone
Three monitors (2x19"+1x24")
A golf ball (my first and to date only hole-in-one)
A clock
A USB keyboard light
Speakers
My other glasses
A spacer ring from inside a hard disk drive
Two Smartmedia cards (not much use for these any more)
A china Gromit figurine
A tub full of pens
A golf tee
Two AA rechargable batteries
A USB hub.
A business card for Acre Grounds Maintenance

I find it not a little ironic that the only gardening-related thing is
concerned with someone else doing it :-)

Old 28-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered User

And I have sold my PC I decided that it is pure evil that does not let me love life without virtual reality)) now I have a PC at work only
bathroom furniture

Plant Vs Plant (a bit of fun) Draven United Kingdom 1 04-05-2008 05:27 PM
Cure for foul water? Shindy Gardening 4 04-01-2007 05:15 PM
Murder most foul/ Mrs. Slocum obit Gary Woods Ponds 2 24-08-2005 08:12 PM
anyone have a foul smelling orchid? nightwriter Orchids 12 05-08-2003 04:18 AM