Old 29-12-2009, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of mindless fun on a foul day :-)

What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate
Old 29-12-2009, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
What is on your pc desk right now ?

A PC, or at least the monitor and mouse.
A mug of coffee
A Scrabble dictionary
An ipod
A thermometer, current reading 16C
A book of crosswords
Remotes for TV and freeview
Printer cartridge
A globe I got for Xmas last year.
Medication, and a prescription for more.
A plastic knife fork and spoon I took from Pret last time I went to Nodnol,
for no better reason than I liked the colour.
A replacement light bulb for the sewing machine.
A mug containing pens, scissors and the usual redundant stationery.
One of those buttons from Staples that says " That was easy" when you press
it.
A card for my sister's approaching birthday.
Several packets of seeds.
Several sheets of paper, some of which I may refer to at some point. Or not.
A pad of post-it notes.
2009 calendar.
2010calendar.
Spare bulbs for Xmas tree lights.
A lead, one end of which is USB, the other end fits I know not what, but I
daren't throw it out, I know what will happen if I do.
A stress pig.

I now find I've come to two conclusions -

1 - The desk needs a sort out.
2 - I'm severely sad, either for having this lot on the desk, or for
admitting to it, or for taking the time to list it.

But anyway, thanks for helping me find the bulb for the sewing machine.

Steve

Old 29-12-2009, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Aries" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:33:51 -0000, Kate Morgan wrote:

What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

A big pile of muddle

Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 29-12-2009, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

"Aries" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:33:51 -0000, Kate Morgan wrote:

What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

A big pile of muddle

Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

or even, what birds can you see in your garden now from your computer?

For me this morning has brought , Sparrows, Blackbirds, Thrush, Robins,
Starlings, I think a Wren but it moved too fast.

What birds can you see in your garden from your computer?

Chucking it down with rain and a Blackbird takes a very messy bath in the
large bird bath!! Why not? He was already wet!!

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 29-12-2009, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 09:33:51 +0000, "Kate Morgan" said:

What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

A RHS Plant Finder and list of plants we're adding or deleting from it
and 2 empty mugs as a result of that! Thank you letters to be posted,
two piles of paper 'round tuits', a diary and a paperweight, camera,
printer and stationery holder.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 29-12-2009, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 11:46:10 +0000, "Pete Stockdale"
said:

"Aries" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:33:51 -0000, Kate Morgan wrote:

What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

A big pile of muddle

Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

But not everyone has a greenhouse. What's in yours?

Old 29-12-2009, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29 Dec, 09:33, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
What is on your pc desk right now ?

Specs.
The ex-KLM first-class wash kit box I use to transport my external had
disl
Someone else's 16GB SD card. No idea whose.
A remote control for watching DVDs on the computer, that I never use.
Dust
More specs
More dust
two boxes full of CDs/DVDs.
A bluetooth adaptor the size of a usb plug, that belongs to the Suse-
powered netbook that I can't find anywhere.
Two christmas cactuses (cactii?) that are scions of my late mother's
one, and which have flowered far closer to christmas than for a
generation.
More dust.
Old 29-12-2009, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29 Dec, 11:53, "'Mike'" wrote:
What birds can you see in your garden from your computer?

Front garden.
The collared doves that have taken the place of blackbirds perching on
my roof and the neighbour's. They are marching up and down his ridge
at the moment.

Two pied wagtail.

I /know/ there is a wren in the undergrwoth, 'cos I saw it this
morning swearing at something or other. But I can't see it now.

A green woodpecker was here earlier, pecking disconsolately at the
lawn. Two brief pecks, then a pause, then two steps left and two
brief pecks, then a shake.
Old 29-12-2009, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

snip
Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

snip

Because on a day like this desks are more interesting than greenhouses and
most of the members have a very good sense of humor, so I am not going to
say sorry :-)

kate

Old 29-12-2009, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
What is on your pc desk right now ?

kate

Hmmm......
Laptop PC
USB hub
Ball mouse
Altec Lansing speakers
HP printer
External HDD
Bits of dead radio controlled watch
USB cable for an iPod
in-ear phones for something - iPod?
Maplin twist on 'F' plug CT100
2 Panasonic AA batteries - probably duff
Sony mobile phone
Plantronics USB headset
Commtel Universal FM Aerial
Bower T-mount camera adapter
Dail Mail 'Learn Spanish in a week' CD set
Some business cards
My photo driving licence (which I will update on line once I find my
Government Gateway ID)
Assorted A4 printouts
A copy of 'In Control' magazine from Abbot Diabetes Care
X-bit for electric screwdriver
postit note
miscellaneous scrot

This is on a smallish folding table in the dining room where I use my
portable PC.
The computer desk in my office/3rd bedroom would require a major
archeological dig to catalogue the contents.

Old 29-12-2009, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Aries" wrote in message
[...]

Add Song Thrush :-))

Old 29-12-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 05:39:28 -0800 (PST), bobharvey
wrote:

On 29 Dec, 09:33, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
What is on your pc desk right now ?

Specs.

More dust.

Laser printer
Scanner
Sub-woofer
LoupeUSB memory stick
NatWest Card Reader
My glasses
An empty whisky glass (not for long)
A packet of negroids
An 80Gb external hard drive
5 pens
Several pencils
Maglite torch
Cheque nook
Building society pass book
Wallet with several credit cards therein
Paying -in book
Driving licence (paper copy)
Chessmaster 10 CD
Some odd receipts
3 old photos for scanning
1 print-out from American Journal of Hospital Pharmacy 1995
1 half eaten stick of liquor ice root.
Manchester Reading Service Library card
British Gas HomeCare booklet
Greenhouse Quality Equipment catalogue
Cooking Corn in the Micriwave leaflet

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 29-12-2009, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-29 14:53:13 +0000, "Kate Morgan" said:

snip
Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

snip

Because on a day like this desks are more interesting than greenhouses
and most of the members have a very good sense of humor, so I am not
going to say sorry :-)

kate

No reason why you should. It certainly hasn't been a gardening day
here today, nor indeed for quite a few. It's poured with rain for most
of today and a wheelbarrow I used to bring logs in a few days ago had
several inches in it when I used it for the same purpose tonight.
Water is lying on the big lawn which obviously can't soak up any more.
If it was snow we'd be unable yo get in and out of the house!

Old 29-12-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Blimey! I feel sort of.. missing out I have my laptop, a printer, a
label printer,
notepad and pen and a cup.

--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-12-2009, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

Fair enough to ask a question but could you not have made it gardening
related ?

E G - What plants are in your greenhouse right now ?

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

But not everyone has a greenhouse. What's in yours?
--

I will refrain from answering your question exactly - but will qualify it
with the plants premise.

Penstemon cuttings.
Leeks
Strawberries
Cacti
Fuchsias
X cuttings (name escapes me !)

BTW --- Puter, Hospital id pass and a glass of wine is the answer to
the OPs question.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Plant Vs Plant (a bit of fun) Draven United Kingdom 1 04-05-2008 05:27 PM
Cure for foul water? Shindy Gardening 4 04-01-2007 05:15 PM
Murder most foul/ Mrs. Slocum obit Gary Woods Ponds 2 24-08-2005 08:12 PM
anyone have a foul smelling orchid? nightwriter Orchids 12 05-08-2003 04:18 AM