Old 15-01-2010, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Almost back to normal

The children will be back in school so we may see an end to their
postings here,
Two of my Camelia flowers are now showing colour and swelling well the
sparrows are chasing each other round the hedge.
But first I want to know what ever hapened to the packs of Long
Spaghetti and Macaroni that we used to get.
David Hill
Old 15-01-2010, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Dave Hill contains these words:

But first I want to know what ever hapened to the packs of Long
Spaghetti and Macaroni that we used to get.

The Spaghetti and Macaroni trees got damaged in the snow!
Old 15-01-2010, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote
The children will be back in school so we may see an end to their
postings here,
Two of my Camelia flowers are now showing colour and swelling well the
sparrows are chasing each other round the hedge.
But first I want to know what ever hapened to the packs of Long
Spaghetti and Macaroni that we used to get.

Most of the supermarkets and certainly Sainsbury's still sell the long
spaghetti in those traditional blue paper rolls*, it's normally in their
speciality food bit not with the normal pasta.
I understand we are one of the main markets left for the original long type.

* I've also seen it in yellow plastic packets

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-01-2010, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2010-01-15 21:27:12 +0000, Dave Hill
said:

The children will be back in school so we may see an end to their
postings here,
Two of my Camelia flowers are now showing colour and swelling well
the
sparrows are chasing each other round the hedge.
But first I want to know what ever hapened to the packs of Long
Spaghetti and Macaroni that we used to get.
David Hill

The Dimblebys have a holiday home not far from here - would you like
me
to interrogat them? ;-))

Richard took the secret to the grave.

Don't you believe it. I met Jonathan in the hairdresser......

Selling long packs of spaghetti?

;-)

... whilst having a short back and sides, Jonathan not Sacha that is.
Next week
the one legged Breton onion seller will be doing trade at your
hairdresser, his
bike will be propped against the window, the onion sellers bike, not the
hairdresser's, who of course rides to work on a horse.

Crumbs - onion sellers - haven't seen one for years and years. They used
to be around Jersey quite often and I can just remember some old Breton
ladies in their starched cliffes head gear, just outside the market in St
Helier. That road is still called French Lane though that's not its
official name.

I met my first french onion seller at the Wimborne food festival in October.
And in keeping with tradition he wore a beret and a brown raincoat, and had
a bicycle adorned with lots of strings of onions and shallots. The strings
were tied in a way I hadn't seen before, with the string passed round the
side of each onion and on down to the next. He had used a bright green
"string" which was clearly not a natural fibre, which was what caught my
eye.

Steve