Old 19-01-2012, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Back to normal

After a few days of drought when the mud had started to dry out, the
mini drought has ended with 36 hours of rain and drizzle which has
given us 1.75 inches, water running down the track and out of the
small gate again.
When we went to the hospital yesterday the visability was down to
around 150 yards, and as we went onto the motorway the flashing signs
were telling us we had FOG, next thing they will tell us when it's
raining. What a farce.
David @ the soggy end of Swansea Bay.
Old 19-01-2012, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 01:50:00 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

After a few days of drought when the mud had started to dry out, the
mini drought has ended with 36 hours of rain and drizzle which has
given us 1.75 inches, water running down the track and out of the
small gate again.
When we went to the hospital yesterday the visability was down to
around 150 yards, and as we went onto the motorway the flashing signs
were telling us we had FOG, next thing they will tell us when it's
raining. What a farce.

Michael Portillo's Great Railway Journey series is heading towards you
this week. It was very sad to see in last night's episode that all
that is left of Llanwern Steel Works in Newport is the scrap metal
industry.
--

Martin

No Martin, he's avoiding us by going North. He is being led by his Bradshaw
book off course.

Good series all the same.

Bill

Old 19-01-2012, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:36:58 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Ah, but he's doing west from Port Talbot in the next programme.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay.

If a man is alone in the garden and speaks, and there is no woman
to hear him, is he still wrong?
Old 20-01-2012, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
Dave Hill writes
After a few days of drought when the mud had started to dry out, the
mini drought has ended with 36 hours of rain and drizzle which has
given us 1.75 inches, water running down the track and out of the
small gate again.
When we went to the hospital yesterday the visability was down to
around 150 yards, and as we went onto the motorway the flashing signs
were telling us we had FOG, next thing they will tell us when it's
raining. What a farce.
David @ the soggy end of Swansea Bay.

Well for the first time in 18 months and only the 2nd time in 2 1/2
years we have actually exceeded average rainfall for the month.
--
hugh