Old 07-03-2010, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aluminium shading

Anyone know where aluminium shading can be purchased ?, lots of places in
the USA but like usual in the UK we are well behind the times .
I have searched the tinternet but no joy , it is for sale at simply control
but they are expensive .There must be somewhere that sells it so i have a
price comparison ,i have seen it also in some commercial glasshouses but not
for sale .

Regards Keith

Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 7 Mar, 20:48, "keith kent" wrote:
Anyone know *where aluminium shading can be purchased ?, lots of places in
the USA but like usual in the UK we are well behind the times .
I have searched the tinternet but no joy , it is for sale at simply control
but they are expensive .There must be somewhere that sells it so i have a
price comparison ,i have seen it also in some commercial glasshouses but not
for sale .

Regards Keith

I suspect you are asking the wrong question, or are at least looking
for the wrong thing.
I think what you have seen are Thermal screens, used commercially for
many years, but now with the cost of heating they are getting more
common in comercial horticulture
See http://hokengineering.co.uk/screens.htm

David Hill
Old 08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:

He http://www.simplycontrol.com/catalog...ng/default.asp
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

He http://tinyurl.com/yeqazty

--
Granity

Hi The tinyurl is i link to the shading i want but am trying to findout if
it can be sourced somewhere else in the uk ,looks like the USA will be
getting my trade again as the UK cannot compete !
Cheers Keith