Old 30-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Registered User

Default peat moss / perlite for venus fly trap

Hi all

hoping someone here is able to point me in the right direction, coz ive had a nightmare trying to find this stuff. i need a 50/50 mix of perlite and peat moss to repot my trap, i managed to find perlite for £5 in B&Q, but i've had no luck on the peat. Does anyone know anywhere i can buy this online fairly cheap for uk? i've only got the one plant so don't really want excess kg's of the stuff! a premixed soil would be quite handy too

anywayz, any pointers would be great

thanks

wayne
Old 30-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetrew View Post
Hi all

hoping someone here is able to point me in the right direction, coz ive had a nightmare trying to find this stuff. i need a 50/50 mix of perlite and peat moss to repot my trap, i managed to find perlite for £5 in B&Q, but i've had no luck on the peat. Does anyone know anywhere i can buy this online fairly cheap for uk? i've only got the one plant so don't really want excess kg's of the stuff! a premixed soil would be quite handy too

anywayz, any pointers would be great

thanks

wayne
Have you tried www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk
They do ready mixed compost for different types of carnivorous plants. Check the compost link on the site. Their Supershag moss is on offer. They will send 100 gms for £3.75 free postage.
Old 30-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by farida View Post
Have you tried www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk
They do ready mixed compost for different types of carnivorous plants. Check the compost link on the site. Their Supershag moss is on offer. They will send 100 gms for £3.75 free postage.
supershag ay =p lol

will that be fine to mix with perlite then you think

or would it be best to get http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk...Sundew-Compost ?
Old 31-03-2010, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default cold weather

farida wrote:
Well its not as bad in midlands as its in north, but night time
temperatures may touch 0 degrees according to the forecast, should I get
my newly planted (2 weeks ago) straberries in hanging baskets, sweet
peas and broad beans in pots indoors/ cover them with plant fleece or
will they be alright left outside?

" Oswestry, N Shropshire" the lowest external air temperature I
recorded during last night was 1.4 degC at 07.30 this morning.
Sorry can't advise on plants, but if they are precious, play safe by
bringing them in to a cool room overnight, put them out again when temp
rises and wind reduces.
Don
Old 31-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetrew View Post
supershag ay =p lol

will that be fine to mix with perlite then you think

or would it be best to get http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk...Sundew-Compost ?
sorry a type it should have been 'supersphag moss'.
Actually I have ordered all 3 composts they are selling as its on offer buy 3 for 2. I am going to try and grow cobra lilies, sundews and venus traps from seed (from ebay seedpost).

Old 31-03-2010, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"waynetrew" wrote in message

Hi all

hoping someone here is able to point me in the right direction, coz ive
had a nightmare trying to find this stuff. i need a 50/50 mix of perlite
and peat moss to repot my trap, i managed to find perlite for £5 in B&Q,
but i've had no luck on the peat. Does anyone know anywhere i can buy
this online fairly cheap for uk? i've only got the one plant so don't
really want excess kg's of the stuff! a premixed soil would be quite
handy too

anywayz, any pointers would be great

This outfit sells supersphag moss and other composts for carnivorous plants.

http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/

Also, Vesutor is another U.K. company, you can often find their products in
garden centres.

someone

Venus Fly Trap Steve Burrows United Kingdom 4 12-04-2005 11:09 PM
Venus Fly Trap Help? verizon Gardening 5 04-05-2003 06:20 AM
Venus fly trap question. SDD Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:28 PM
Cooked my venus fly trap... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 17 04-04-2003 01:44 PM
Venus Fly Trap... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 3 04-12-2002 11:08 AM