Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2010, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bird tables

Hi

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about winter, but for a while now
I've been planning on getting a bird table this year. I hadn't really
thought there could be much of a down-side to this until I was chatting
to a friend about it recently. She said that in her experience the birds
will scatter seed on the ground which attracts rats and mice. Plus the
amount of bird muck will be phenomenal.

Are these really going to be a big problem? I mean, lots of people keep
bird tables despite these issues... Plus there are a few cats in the
neighbourhood which I don't imagine will let a rat colony flourish.

Does the type of seed you put down make a difference? Or whether the
table is on paving or a lawn? Thanks for any thoughts.

PB

Bird tables.... JennyC United Kingdom 30 07-11-2006 07:49 PM
[IBC] new tables Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 12-01-2004 10:08 PM
If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? Peter Gregson Gardening 9 05-11-2003 10:02 PM
Plans for building picnic tables Mike Australia 0 21-04-2003 03:08 AM
FS Dovecotes, Bird Tables, Kennels etc Lee Brooker United Kingdom 0 08-01-2003 12:51 PM