Old 19-07-2010, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Late Night Allotmenting

Got home just before 10, having planted 27 kale, 4 portugese cabbages and 3
of the 15 tomato plants on the allotment. Then I got mosquitoed off the
place. :-(

All the brassicas are weed-blanketted and fleeced for butterfly + pigeon
protection, though. Nick watned to use netting, but I figured the
butterflies would just go straight through. Of course, the fleece will
probably go on the first strong wind - it's off the sweet potatoes again
already!

Onions are all coming up, and broad beans came up at the weekend ... got
sprouts and butternut squash to go in, plus a load of leeks. It's all very
exciting!

Old 20-07-2010, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

vicky wrote
Got home just before 10, having planted 27 kale, 4 portugese cabbages and
3
of the 15 tomato plants on the allotment. Then I got mosquitoed off the
place. :-(

All the brassicas are weed-blanketted and fleeced for butterfly + pigeon
protection, though. Nick watned to use netting, but I figured the
butterflies would just go straight through. Of course, the fleece will
probably go on the first strong wind - it's off the sweet potatoes again
already!

Onions are all coming up, and broad beans came up at the weekend ... got
sprouts and butternut squash to go in, plus a load of leeks. It's all
very
exciting!

I'm a bit confused about the timings here.
Are you in the UK or was this originally posted a couple of months ago?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 20-07-2010, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
Onions are all coming up, and broad beans came up at the weekend ... got
sprouts and butternut squash to go in, plus a load of leeks. It's all
very exciting!

I'm a bit confused about the timings here.
Are you in the UK or was this originally posted a couple of months ago?

heh. I'm in the UK, but I may have used "coming up" in an ambiguous way
there - I mean harvested rather than starting to appear! :-)

Everything else is in the "transplant out from greenhouse to allotment"
stage - probably a touch later than originally planned, but can only put
things out as we take up other things to make room.
Old 20-07-2010, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

vicky wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
Onions are all coming up, and broad beans came up at the weekend ... got
sprouts and butternut squash to go in, plus a load of leeks. It's all
very exciting!

I'm a bit confused about the timings here.
Are you in the UK or was this originally posted a couple of months ago?

heh. I'm in the UK, but I may have used "coming up" in an ambiguous way
there - I mean harvested rather than starting to appear! :-)

Everything else is in the "transplant out from greenhouse to allotment"
stage - probably a touch later than originally planned, but can only put
things out as we take up other things to make room.

Thank you for clearing up my confusion. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden