Old 03-08-2010, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default If You Have a Recurring Snail Problem ....

It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon
Old 03-08-2010, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" wrote in message
It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon

It is much more efficient to just stamp on the things!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:21:44 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
.. .
It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon

It is much more efficient to just stamp on the things!

You never know if the RSPCA is watching?????????

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_snails_feel_pain

How do you make certain that the stamped on snail is actually dead and
not suffering?

;-)))))
Old 04-08-2010, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:21:44 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
.. .
It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon

It is much more efficient to just stamp on the things!

*bluerg*
Can't do it. Not deliberately anyway.

One of my most horrific memories of being a kid was standing in the
dark waiting with my friend for a lift and wondering why the ground
was all crunch as I was fairly certain it wasn't gravel we were
standing on)

Paint numbers on in nail varnish and lob them away.
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 20:21:44 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
. ..
It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon

It is much more efficient to just stamp on the things!

*bluerg*
Can't do it. Not deliberately anyway.

One of my most horrific memories of being a kid was standing in the
dark waiting with my friend for a lift and wondering why the ground
was all crunch as I was fairly certain it wasn't gravel we were
standing on)

Paint numbers on in nail varnish and lob them away.

Pointless, as they will be back before you have turned away!

Alan

Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:52:28 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
It would seem that throwing them over the garden fence is not good
enough. You need to drive some distance away ...

http://www.rivendell.org.uk coming soon

It is much more efficient to just stamp on the things!

*bluerg*
Can't do it. Not deliberately anyway.

One of my most horrific memories of being a kid was standing in the
dark waiting with my friend for a lift and wondering why the ground
was all crunch as I was fairly certain it wasn't gravel we were
standing on)

Paint numbers on in nail varnish and lob them away.

Pointless, as they will be back before you have turned away!

The kids on our street were into snail racing in my back garden. The
snails were all coloured for identification. The girl with the fastest
snail took her champion home to her garden. She lived two houses
further down the street. It was back in my garden the day after.