Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kilner Jars

Many years ago I had my mothers extensive collection of Kilner Jars,
these were the type with a metal lid and metal screw band. After some
years it became impossible to obtain the lids, which only lasted a few
times. With great reluctance I threw the jars out and bought the new
type with glass lids, separate sealing rings and plastic screw bands.
Alas these have now become obsolete and they are now making the metal
type again, what a rip off.
Anyway moan over, how good are the type with a lever and clip to seal
the lids? Which type do you find give least "failures".

OT opening Kilner jars Moonraker United Kingdom 117 02-05-2015 09:15 AM
Sterilizing Kilner jars Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 74 19-09-2013 06:44 PM
Kilner jars. Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 62 05-09-2013 01:46 AM
Preserving your crop in Kilner Jars kilnerman United Kingdom 0 28-04-2007 12:54 PM