Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-2010, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Timer settings for lights for growing seedlings

I bought a "Powerplant" hood and 2 off "Ecolight" lamps to go with
them and and timer switch for germinating alder seeds and growing them
up as fast as possible.

Now I look at the timer switch, it gives a fixed 12hrs of switch/day
and there is no provision for changing it. I am a little surprised at
this, really, I hadn't thought about it and I should have done. What
is best? I would like to read some discussion.

This set-up will not be in a green house and the hood will not be hung
from above, it will be in a living-room (at living-room temperature)
and I have enclosed the seed-tray and lights in a box, so when the
lights are switched off, it will be dark, unlike when a hood is hung
in a greenhouse.

Michael Bell