Old 28-11-2010, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oswestry, North Shropshire, temperature. 450ft ASL

At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above ground.

Brrrrrrr
Don
Old 28-11-2010, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Nov 28, 8:00*am, Donwill wrote:
At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above ground.

Brrrrrrr
Don

Don't know the centigrade temp but we went down to 20f over night and
were still at that temp at 8am here in the Swansea area.
I am worried about my tree dahlias as the frost in the week finally
finished the flowers so I still have to lift them, that's around 70
tubers to be lifted, just hope this frost hasn't got down to the
tubers.
David
Old 28-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donwill[_2_] View Post
At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above ground.

Brrrrrrr
Don
Just down the road in Whittingon it was cold enough at 5.30 am for our outside Central heating boiler to come on to prevent the water in it freezing. We reckon that that happens at about -10c. It was -12c in Shawbury.
Lovely and sunny and crisp now!
Old 28-11-2010, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Donwill wrote:
At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above ground.

Brrrrrrr

Don't know the centigrade temp but we went down to 20f over night and
were still at that temp at 8am here in the Swansea area.
I am worried about my tree dahlias as the frost in the week finally
finished the flowers so I still have to lift them, that's around 70
tubers to be lifted, just hope this frost hasn't got down to the
tubers.

Sorry to say I lost mine some years ago at a lot less (or should it be more)
than that in a protected S. facing garden.
Hope yours are OK.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 28-11-2010, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/11/2010 10:40, Owdboggy wrote:
'Donwill[_2_ Wrote:

;906156']At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above
ground.

Brrrrrrr
Don

Just down the road in Whittingon it was cold enough at 5.30 am for our
outside Central heating boiler to come on to prevent the water in it
freezing. We reckon that that happens at about -10c. It was -12c in
Shawbury.
Lovely and sunny and crisp now!

The sun has just dipped behind trees about 5 mins ago, have been sitting
in the conservatory which the sun heated to 20 deg this afternoon but
the temp soon drops when the sun goes. The air temperature (in the
shade) hasn't been above -3 deg all day here & is now -4. Another hard
frost tonight I think.
Cheers
Don

Old 28-11-2010, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

According to the tele, we had -17 deg C at Llysdinam, which is about 20
miles away over the Epynt and across the river Wye, and -14C at Tirabad
on the northern edge of the Epynt, about 10 miles away. Greenhouse door
still frozen, so could not see what my thermometer recorded!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 29-11-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donwill[_2_] View Post
At 0700 hrs this morning. -8.2deg C air temp 1 Metre above ground.

Brrrrrrr
Don
CH boiler came on again in the night, so pretty cold once more. One of our cats did not come home last night so we got thoroughly chilled looking for him. He turned up this morning, dry and warm so he must have spent the night wrapped up in the fleece in the polytunnel, left it in there in a polystyrene fish box for just such an occurence. Daft begger, worrying us like that.