Old 15-02-2011, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

Default Photos

"Pete" wrote in message

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

I have uploaded a few photos that I took recently with my new Fuji Finepix
camera. You can see them he-

http://www.daviv.com/bird_sights.htm

I am not certain of the willow tit and would appreciate your opinion,
please.

would not know the difference.

I have a Fuji Finepix myself but would like to say that these photos are
not very sharp and I hope you deliberately blurred the background. I say
this because I know how much it's important for birders to get a really
nice photo.
Having said that they are much better than I take and I enjoyed seeing
them on the group.
Tbh, my camera is better than my skills at photography..

Tina

I find the main problem with both the fugi's that I have is that at low
light levels (typical of this time of the year)
on auto they come out very gloomy.
I am having a similar problem with my new Medion movie taker -
gloomsville - roll on summer !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

In both cases, have you tried playing with the ISO settings? I was having
trouble with light levels in both the Theatre, where I am 'the official
photographer' and the Garden at this time of the year. I then hooked the
manual out and played about with ISO.

I also have a Fuji 6 megs and a 10 megs professional camera. More knobs and
screens than I know how to handle ;-)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 15-02-2011, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

--

I prefer to work in "point and shoot conditions - kinder on the body as
well !

I know I can do adjustments manually -
but I suffer from knobs memory overload with my four cameras.
Takes me all my time to remember which is the "take picture now button" on
each, let alone the adjustment knobs !

Regards
Pete

Old 15-02-2011, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

"Pete" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message ...

[...]

Know what you mean. Took a photo of 'the yellow flash' a couple of days ago
:-((
""I"" know what bird it is now thanks to the replies on this
newsgroup/forum, but showing you lot ????
..
..
Sorry, failure Mk 1

Old 15-02-2011, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

""Dave Hall" wrote in message
I have uploaded a few photos that I took recently with my new Fuji
Finepix camera. You can see them he-

http://www.daviv.com/bird_sights.htm

I am not certain of the willow tit and would appreciate your opinion,
please.

would not know the difference.

Marsh Tit or Willow Tit - not easy to tell apart. Even experts are
sometimes unsure about this one.

Bill

Old 15-02-2011, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

I have uploaded a few photos that I took recently with my new Fuji
Finepix camera. You can see them he-

http://www.daviv.com/bird_sights.htm

I am not certain of the willow tit and would appreciate your opinion,
please.

This web site looks good

http://www.worcesterbirding.co.uk/49.html

Some good photos of both Willow and marsh Tits.

Bill

Old 16-02-2011, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bill Grey
writes

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
I have uploaded a few photos that I took recently with my new Fuji
Finepix camera. You can see them he-

http://www.daviv.com/bird_sights.htm

I am not certain of the willow tit and would appreciate your opinion,
please.

This web site looks good

http://www.worcesterbirding.co.uk/49.html

Some good photos of both Willow and marsh Tits.

Bill

Great site for comparing both. Thanks Bill.
--
Turnstone
Old 18-02-2011, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message ...
"'Mike'" wrote in message

I had to take some photos in the Theatre for the local newspaper the
other
day. I always have trouble with the lighting :-((

It depends on your POV
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...02_306x620.jpg

Bit dangerous if that was on our stage and tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
much activity, it's raked ;-)

Had a play running at another Theatre a few years back which involved a
wheelchair, then took it to this one with a raked stage

Rose photos Geoff Bryant Roses 0 25-10-2003 09:02 PM
Botanical gardens photos (Was Rachel Corrie- PA staged photos) Hane Edible Gardening 0 25-03-2003 03:32 PM
find photos free of roses Marco Mazza Roses 1 01-02-2003 03:45 PM
New photos of species orchids online! Eric Hunt Orchids 1 28-01-2003 04:17 PM
links to good photos? Ivan Gregov Permaculture 8 28-10-2002 11:25 PM