Old 27-03-2011, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment gardening is relaxing!!!

First a lady came over to say there was a problem with the water tank near
her plot, water was spraying up all over her, broken ball valve, so I turned
the water off again and have e-mailed the Council.

Next, a chap turns up that used to have a plot last year and asked who had
been tidying up his plot. I said the Council had rented it to someone new as
I understood from the Council the plot was vacant (my understanding was he
had been chucked off because his plot was hardly used and untidy). He
replied that he was paid up 'till the end of April etc, etc...... not a
happy bunny.
I Would not like to be in the shoes of the Council person tomorrow morning!!

Finally, noticed a sports car parked in the site, no-one else was around
nearby and none of two remaining plot holders knew who it belonged to and
both said that it had been there when they arrived, so phoned the local
Police just in case it was stolen before locking it in the site.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 27-03-2011, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

[...]

Well good 'ol you

Baz
Old 28-03-2011, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Finally, noticed a sports car parked in the site, no-one else was around
nearby and none of two remaining plot holders knew who it belonged to and
both said that it had been there when they arrived, so phoned the local
Police just in case it was stolen before locking it in the site.

Come on Bob we are all waiting to hear what became of the locked in sports
car!

Mike

Old 28-03-2011, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...
Finally, noticed a sports car parked in the site, no-one else was around
nearby and none of two remaining plot holders knew who it belonged to and
both said that it had been there when they arrived, so phoned the local
Police just in case it was stolen before locking it in the site.

Come on Bob we are all waiting to hear what became of the locked in sports
car!

Drove past the site this afternoon and the car was gone. Later when I got
back home there was an answerphone message from the lady that originally
brought the car to my attention to say the owner, who, it turns out, is the
mother of a new plotholder, came back at about 5pm to collect it.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 28-03-2011, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Later when I got
back home there was an answerphone message from the lady that originally
brought the car to my attention to say the owner, who, it turns out, is the
mother of a new plotholder, came back at about 5pm to collect it.

How terribly prosaic! I was hoping for something involving shadowy Asians,
MI-5, and perhaps Rumpole.
I've been watching too many British video imports...

Old 28-03-2011, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Later when I got
back home there was an answerphone message from the lady that originally
brought the car to my attention to say the owner, who, it turns out, is the
mother of a new plotholder, came back at about 5pm to collect it.

How terribly prosaic! I was hoping for something involving shadowy Asians,
MI-5, and perhaps Rumpole.
I've been watching too many British video imports...

Well we don't know why it was left parked there for most of the day and it
was quite a quick car. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

New Allotment Gardening series Bob Hobden United Kingdom 2 03-03-2014 01:23 PM
Rexsy - Beautiful Relaxing Music Rexsy Gardening 0 06-09-2008 09:48 PM
allotment gardening [email protected] United Kingdom 4 01-02-2008 01:47 PM
Overgrown allotment? H United Kingdom 10 16-01-2003 11:27 PM
Newbie - Allotment clearance Sam United Kingdom 3 27-10-2002 05:49 PM