Old 10-04-2011, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rhubarb

My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? I have cut the flowers off.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Ann
Lancing writes

My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? I have cut the flowers off.

Pull out the stalks with the flower heads. They will compost quite
safely if you wish.

You'd also be advised to harvest some of the stalks for eating and/or
preserving. Don't exhaust the plant by taking everything.

You may find this URL helpful.

http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...i_project_sept
ember_1_rhubarb.asp
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 10, 5:31*pm, Ann Lancing wrote:
My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? *I have cut the flowers off.

Some varieties are prone to this. I think hot dry weather makes it
worse too.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? I have cut the flowers off.

Just had our first Rhubarb Crumble and Custard of the season if that is
anything of a clue ;-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 14-04-2011, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? I have cut the flowers off.

Just had our first Rhubarb Crumble and Custard of the season if that is
anything of a clue ;-))

Mike

Ah so the Custard is in season now lucky you :-)

Bill

Old 14-04-2011, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Ann Lancing" wrote in message

My rhubard is flowering, how can I stop it?
Will it grow any more stalks? I have cut the flowers off.

Just had our first Rhubarb Crumble and Custard of the season if that is
anything of a clue ;-))

Mike

Ah so the Custard is in season now lucky you :-)

Bill

Our custard is always in season, we get it from the Caterer's Wholesale Cash
and Carry ;-)