Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-04-2011, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

Default Blackbirds and 'noise'

A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out. This I
understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out yesterday
afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest building
activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.