Old 17-04-2011, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

Default Blackbirds and 'noise'

A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out. This I
understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out yesterday
afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest building
activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Old 17-04-2011, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"'Mike'" wrote in message
news
A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out. This
I understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest
building activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Afraid I can't explain that one, Mike.

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret

Old 17-04-2011, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
MCC MCC is offline

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:32:18 +0100, 'Mike' wrote:

A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out. This I
understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out yesterday
afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest building
activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Dunno, but we once had a canary that would only sing when bacon was being
cooked in the frying pan :-D
--
MCC
Old 17-04-2011, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"MCC" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:32:18 +0100, 'Mike' wrote:

A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out.
This I
understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday
afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest building
activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Dunno, but we once had a canary that would only sing when bacon was being
cooked in the frying pan :-D
--
MCC

Ooh... I'd sing like a canary for a nice Bacon sandy...

On soft wholemeal bread, please, MCC Yum.

Margaret :-)

Old 17-04-2011, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"The Brownie" me@privacy net. wrote in message

"MCC" wrote in message
[...]

With Coleman's ENGLISH Mustard of course ;-))

(We had an Hotel, well my parents had an hotel years ago and my father said
that Coleman made his money from the mustard left on the plate. Since then,
I have ALWAYS made sure there was no mustard left on the side of the plate
;-)

Old 17-04-2011, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Registered User

Location: South Wales

* * * Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
* * * I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
* * * of course !!

* * * *Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.
Old 18-04-2011, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very unusual
concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter was fumbling to
get key and let me in and I was looking upward there wasdefinitely a Full
moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From the car it had been
obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the last I saw of it. The
*Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
telescope would have been quite an experience- or even my very good little
binoculars..

Margaret

Old 18-04-2011, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"MCC" wrote in message
[...]

Since reading the gem abot Coleman I shall certainly opt for Dijon !!

Only a very small smudge of it.

Margaret :-))

Old 18-04-2011, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter was
fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From the
car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the last I
saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
telescope would have been quite an experience- or even my very good little
binoculars..

Margaret
Correction.. Correction... Apologies...

It was Saturday night, not Sunday night, we were at the Choral Society
Concert.
I was very tired reaching home.

Margaret again.

Old 18-04-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter was
fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From the
car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the last I
saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
telescope would have been quite an experience- or even my very good
little binoculars..

Margaret
Correction.. Correction... Apologies...

It was Saturday night, not Sunday night, we were at the Choral Society
Concert.
I was very tired reaching home.

Margaret again.

:-))

What sort of music?

I have been asked by a local Radio Station to do a series of talks on
Classical Music. It was Choral which introduced me to Classical in the first
place when I was at School, Bach's Magnificat :-)) I was about 12/13 and the
teacher was Miss Lewis. I went on to marry a Lewis, no connection and pure
coincidence ;-)

Old 18-04-2011, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter was
fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From
the car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the
last I saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
telescope would have been quite an experience- or even my very good
little binoculars..

Margaret
Correction.. Correction... Apologies...

It was Saturday night, not Sunday night, we were at the Choral Society
Concert.
I was very tired reaching home.

Margaret again.

:-))

What sort of music?

I have been asked by a local Radio Station to do a series of talks on
Classical Music. It was Choral which introduced me to Classical in the
first place when I was at School, Bach's Magnificat :-)) I was about 12/13
and the teacher was Miss Lewis. I went on to marry a Lewis, no connection
and pure coincidence ;-)

Mike

This was Choral and Instrumental, Mike. KKendal Choral Society. St.Thomas'
Church.

Karl Jenkins' Requiem. Conductor: Alan Gardner. Accompanist: Michael
Critchlow.
The Misa Criolla by Ariel Ramirez. (died 2010) A setting in Spanish of
the words of the Mass.
Each part of this work using regional folk music style from Latin
America.
So it was tied in with corresponding parts of the Requiem as it is known
here.
A musical tribute was also paid to the sufferers of the earthquake and
tsunami in Japan.
I have a spare programme if you would like me to send it to you... I'm
not sure you'd wish to reveal an address.
Let me know on this thread if you can.

Sincerely, Margaret

Old 18-04-2011, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter
was fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From
the car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the
last I saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
[...]

Thanks for the offer Margaret, but I don't even keep the programmes of
events I have been to ;-) I just wondered what you were performing. Not sure
if the Misa Criolla by Ariel Ramirez is the one I know because it was played
quite a bit a short while back. Have to see if I can find it.

Best wishes

Old 18-04-2011, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

--
Brownie

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter
was fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From
the car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear the
last I saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
[...]

I was not performing, Mike. I used to sing in Choirs in Manchester and

Northamptonshire years ago, but a Thyroidectomy put paid to that, and the
family take me to events now.

Margaret

Old 18-04-2011, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret- Hide quoted text -

No,
It will be full moon tomorrow night.
New moon is when it's very small.

Dave, ISC and thank you..... However...

On Sunday night three members of our family we returning from a very
unusual concert in a local church. An emotional experience. Daughter
was fumbling to get key and let me in and I was looking upward there
wasdefinitely a Full moon (*face* sad-looking much in evidence. From
the car it had been obscured by streaky cloud, but was quite clear
the last I saw of it. The *Man in the Moon* ??)
From the kitchen window it was bright... to have looked at it through
[...]

I sang in a choir of about 150 last September in the middle of the
Atlantic!! On a Music Cruise on P&O's Aurora to the USA and Canada and back
and we did a performance of The Mikado on the way back ;-)) Great fun. John
Brunning of Classicfm was the compare throughout the cruise.

Old 18-04-2011, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching

"'Mike'" wrote in
news
A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is
being threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the
nesting areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out.
This I understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest
building activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Probably saying in blackbird language

TURN THAT F****ING SHREDDER OFF, WE HAVE A BROOD HERE TRYING TO GET SOME
BLEEDIN KIP,AND WE CAN CUT UP OUR OWN B*****D WORMS THANKYOU MIKE.

Or words to that effect assuming that they weren't building a nest and
probably have one already! :-)

Just a bit of a joke Mike.
Baz