Old 03-05-2011, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Tomato Disaster!

Ok, not quite a disaster. However.

I planted most of my tomatoes months ago. Between 5-20 each of some silly
number of varieties. Blog post says 200 seeds planted. And looking at the
greenhouse, I can believe that.

However! They were planted on 14th Feb. It is now 3rd May. And I totally
forgot to plant any GD! I need GD tomatoes! There is no point growing
tomatoes without my GD!! I suppose I could go out and buy a plant or two,
but it just feels so wrong.

But the absolute disaster .. a mouse has got into my seeds in the summer
house, so I'm not even sure I /have/ any GD seeds to plant! :'(

Old 03-05-2011, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 03 May 2011 18:57:56 +0100, Frank wrote:

A GD tomatoe?? That's a new one to me. Is that a Genetically Deviated
type or Gardener's Delight, or what exactly?

Almost certainly 'Gardener's Delight'
Apart from 'GD' I am growing "Cerise" for the first time , just to
see if its any better than Gardeners Delight , will report back at the
end of the season.
www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Derek wrote:
A GD tomatoe?? That's a new one to me. Is that a Genetically Deviated
type or Gardener's Delight, or what exactly?

Almost certainly 'Gardener's Delight'

Indeed.

Apart from 'GD' I am growing "Cerise" for the first time , just to
see if its any better than Gardeners Delight , will report back at the
end of the season.

Is Cerise a pink one rather than red? I had a pink tumbler last year (which
may or may not have been /meant/ to be a tumbler, as I had a bit of a
labelling disaster!) which should have been (red) garden pearl, but
obviuosly wasn't. They weren't bad, but not a patch on my favourite (GD!).

Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 May 2011 23:11:35 GMT, wrote:

Is Cerise a pink one rather than red? I had a pink tumbler last year (which
may or may not have been /meant/ to be a tumbler, as I had a bit of a
labelling disaster!) which should have been (red) garden pearl, but
obviuosly wasn't. They weren't bad, but not a patch on my favourite (GD!).

well the pictures look red, this is the description from the website

This fantastic new cherry variety is certain to amaze and delight producing heavy crops of small bite sized fruits with a delicious sweet flavour giving you more cherry tomatoes than you’ve ever had. It’s an excellent patio tomato too. Perfect straight from the vine, in salads or Mediterranean style pasta dishes. Mid-early. Indeterminate.

Derek

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info