Old 15-05-2011, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Highgrove

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and then
you have to leave?

Thanks

Old 15-05-2011, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 May 2011 20:06:51 +0100, "M"
wrote:

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and then
you have to leave?

Thanks

HRH is somewhat reluctant to update his website methinks. This is the
link to last year's information:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/faqs... 24199022.html

No doubt you'll find links on the site to contact for up to date info.

Must admit I wonder why people don't appreciate the possibilities of
"search" in their browsers. The above link appeared immediately when I
typed "Highgrove" into my search bar.
Old 15-05-2011, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and
then
you have to leave?

Thanks

HRH is somewhat reluctant to update his website methinks. This is the
link to last year's information:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/faqs... 24199022.html

No doubt you'll find links on the site to contact for up to date info.

Must admit I wonder why people don't appreciate the possibilities of
"search" in their browsers. The above link appeared immediately when I
typed "Highgrove" into my search bar.

Thanks although this does not really answer the question. The tours have
timed starts, I want to know, will I be give a whistle stop tour in 45
minutes and then required to leave or can I wonder around all day. The
round trip will be about 400 miles so I don't want to do this if all I get
inside is 45 minute!

Old 15-05-2011, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I have now found the answer
"All tours are guided in groups of up to 26 and last approximately 2½ hours,
including time for refreshments and the opportunity to visit the High Garden
shop."

Old 15-05-2011, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"M" wrote

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and
then you have to leave?

Been there seen that. You do the tour and then you leave. They have a sales
area and cafe though. The local town, whose name escapes me, has some nice
places to eat and look round.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2011, 06:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Of the 2½ hours, how much time is spent in the shop?

2 hours, 25 minutes.

Old 16-05-2011, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It is very strictly monitored. All names of people in the party have
to be on a list. Take passport or some other ID as they ask for that,
or you can't go in. Our party wanted to go in June (most would!) but
we got mid-September so not so much was out. Tthe tour started with a
video, which was boring. Our guide stuck to her script doggedly,
although we were running late, and we had less than 15 mins to do cafe
and shop. It was good to say I'd been but i'd not go again.

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-05-2011, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

When I was invited to St Jame's Palace with an Association to which Prince
Charles was President, the security was dealt with at a very early stage and
very thorough.

And we were known!!!!

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Old 16-05-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote
It is very strictly monitored. All names of people in the party have
to be on a list. Take passport or some other ID as they ask for that,
or you can't go in. Our party wanted to go in June (most would!) but
we got mid-September so not so much was out. Tthe tour started with a
video, which was boring. Our guide stuck to her script doggedly,
although we were running late, and we had less than 15 mins to do cafe
and shop. It was good to say I'd been but i'd not go again.

I thought it was just me!
The funny part was our guide mentioned that HRH had been known to lay out of
sight on the floor under the window you walk past just to hear what the
great unwashed say about his garden. The picture brought a smile to my face.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-05-2011, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

And, how much does it cost?

Alan

Old 16-05-2011, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Why? Do you want to go to Highgrove on a trip?

Old 18-05-2011, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , M
writes
Thanks although this does not really answer the question. The tours
have timed starts, I want to know, will I be give a whistle stop tour
in 45 minutes and then required to leave or can I wonder around all
day. The round trip will be about 400 miles so I don't want to do this
if all I get inside is 45 minute!

Normally you apply then wait for a date they give you (the gardening
groups do anyway) then name all people coming and car numbers etc. plus
no mobile phones - not sure about cameras. I think you would be ushered
round but not fast .

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 14-06-2011, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

It is possible to book onto a tour of Highgrove gardens. Has anyone been
and are you able to wonder around afterwards or is it just the tour and then
you have to leave?

Thanks

HRH is somewhat reluctant to update his website methinks. This is the
link to last year's information:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/faqs... 24199022.html

No doubt you'll find links on the site to contact for up to date info.

Must admit I wonder why people don't appreciate the possibilities of
"search" in their browsers. The above link appeared immediately when I
typed "Highgrove" into my search bar.

More up to date information he

www.highgrovegardens.com

Old 16-06-2011, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Highgrove
Enterprises writes
Dear Pam.

I am sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied with your visit to
Highgrove Gardens. We do our best to ensure all our guests enjoy their
visit and we are always keen to receive feedback to help us improve
our visitor experience.

How lovely to see people taking care to apply themselves to customer
suggestions and points of view.

If only other gardens and nurseries did the same
--
Janet Tweedy

Old 17-06-2011, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
OTOH some make sure that visitors are satisfied in the first place.

But when changes are made it's good to see that they react to comments.
It must be difficult to get it right for every type of visitor or
customer.

Janet