Old 25-05-2011, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poorly oak tree

I have 2 oak trees in my garden. The smaller one with a trunk
circumference of about 1 foot came into leaf as normal. Now however the
leaves are dying, could it be the dreaded disease that is about? If so
what should I do, the other tree,about 10 metres away is fine.
Old 25-05-2011, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On May 25, 12:50*pm, Moonraker wrote:
I have 2 oak trees in my garden. The smaller one with a trunk
circumference of about 1 foot came into leaf as normal. Now however the
leaves are dying, could it be the dreaded disease that is about? If so
what should I do, the other tree,about 10 metres away is fine.

It could well be the dry weather knocking it, if si it will almost
certainly come back into leaf when you get some good rain 9A few
inches)
If you think it's sudden oak death then google sudden oak death
symptoms in immages
Old 27-05-2011, 01:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have 2 oak trees in my garden. The smaller one with a trunk circumference
of about 1 foot came into leaf as normal. Now however the leaves are dying,
could it be the dreaded disease that is about? If so what should I do, the
other tree,about 10 metres away is fine.

Try giving it a few gallons of water every day. That's what I would do, to
see if it helps. It's quite a young tree and may be struggling with the dry
weather.

Old 27-05-2011, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-27 01:27:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have 2 oak trees in my garden. The smaller one with a trunk
circumference
of about 1 foot came into leaf as normal. Now however the leaves are
dying,
could it be the dreaded disease that is about? If so what should I
do, the
other tree,about 10 metres away is fine.

Try giving it a few gallons of water every day. That's what I would
do, to
see if it helps. It's quite a young tree and may be struggling with
the dry
weather.

If it can be done without damaging the tree, sinking a piece of piping
into the soil around it and pouring water down that would help get it
straight to the roots.

I don't think it is water shortage as it is only a few feet from a pond,
it has been there quite a while, it was there when I purchased the
property 11 years ago.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-05-27 01:27:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Moonraker" wrote in message
[...]

-- Do you think it is taking water from your pond?

It isn't. Give the poor thing some water every day. It's suffering.

Poorly lemon tree [email protected] United Kingdom 7 02-03-2016 08:12 AM
poorly cherry tree Emery Davis[_3_] United Kingdom 0 16-05-2014 11:25 AM
poorly Ceanothus proteus Gardening 2 31-05-2003 04:44 PM
wisteria poorly minerva nine Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Poorly Lemon tree sparky United Kingdom 7 13-12-2002 10:32 AM