Old 30-05-2011, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default my frog

On 28/05/2011 14:32, David WE Roberts wrote:

AFAIK frogs generally live away from water most of the year - each
needs its own space to find enough food - and return to water for mating.
So I wouldn't worry too much as long as you have some shade in the
garden plus stones/dead wood to provide moist shelter.

As sugested elsewhere, a very small pool of water should be enough to
encourage frogs and provide a swimming pool for exercise :-)

I used to think that frogs only came to the pond to breed and spent the
rest of the year on land in damp places but in my tiny pond I have in
permanent residence approx 10 frogs, during the day they sit on the lily
pads but over night patrol the garden, sometimes when digging the garden
I hand feed them with worms.
Also there are several in the greenhouse and although there are ways out
they seem happy to stay there, there is a water sump in there, suits me
to keep the insect population down.

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"