Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default More unknown roses

I think it's a common problem, we get cuttings of roses from many
places, they root and then take off and we have no idea of their name.
I have 3 of such ilk, 2 are pictured below.
This double was growing in the garden next door to me in Barry when I
moved there, my neighbours moved in the same time and the rose had
been there for many years.
It covered about 4 ft of their hedge but grew my way and was around 20
ft long.http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/2011/
doublesmallclimber01.jpg
The flowers are small and pinkish on the buds and reverse of the outer
petals.
The 2nd is a small flowered single that has reached almost 40ft in
places, I found it covering an old electricity substation outside
Cardiff about 20 years ago,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...lclimber01.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...lclimber02.jpg
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote

[...]

The first one...
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...lclimber01.jpg
looks like "Winchester Cathedral" but it's not that strong a grower for me
and probably not old enough.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote

[...]

I thought the first may be Felicite Perpetue and second could be Bobby James
although there are a lot of contenders!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 6, 10:54*am, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Dave Hill" *wrote

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...inglesmallclim....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...oublesmallclim...
looks like "Winchester Cathedral" but it's not that strong a grower for me
and probably not old enough.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

I thought the first may be Felicite Perpetue and second could be Bobby James
although there are a lot of contenders!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvshttp://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Bobby James or there's several similar, but oops, if you are right
about Felicite Perpetue (ours will be out in a few days) then I
haven't allowed it nearly enough room on our fence ;~((

Rod