Old 11-06-2011, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Missing Plant!

The hanging basket near the kitchen window has a hole in it and a plant
missing. At first Nick was convinced someone had come and stolen a plant!
But I found a shrivelled up plug on the other side of the basket which I
presume is the ex-plant. :-( (It's the Voodoo giant fuschia, which is
annoying!)

Culprit - squirrels? It's quite a high basket, about 7' up. It almost
looks as though a chicken has got into it, but I'm /fairly/ sure that they
can't jump that high.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 11, 8:08*pm, wrote:
The hanging basket near the kitchen window has a hole in it and a plant
missing. *At first Nick was convinced someone had come and stolen a plant!
But I found a shrivelled up plug on the other side of the basket which I
presume is the ex-plant. *:-( *(It's the Voodoo giant fuschia, which is
annoying!)

Culprit - squirrels? *It's quite a high basket, about 7' up. *It almost
looks as though a chicken has got into it, but I'm /fairly/ sure that they
can't jump that high.

--

Blackbird or thrush is a likely culprit. They go leave flicking/
tugging/scratting on the ground looking for insects.

mystery of missing water solved Larry Ponds 0 15-08-2004 04:39 PM
Koi missing Pectoral fin! Bob Ponds 8 12-08-2003 04:43 PM
Missing catfish Jerrispond Ponds 4 01-06-2003 06:32 AM
Theophrastus - missing bits o8TY Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Theophrastus - missing bits o8TY Plant Science 2 18-02-2003 05:03 PM