Old 17-06-2011, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Takesumi - anyone used it?

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 17-06-2011, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"mogga" wrote

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?

Isn't that the expensive charcoal made from bamboo?
Why would normal charcoal not do the same thing?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 17-06-2011, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:35:56 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:
"mogga" wrote

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?

Isn't that the expensive charcoal made from bamboo?
Why would normal charcoal not do the same thing?

Because the feng shui is all wrong, and it costs less. Do try to keep
up with the latest fa^H^H^H, I mean scientific advances.

The way to use it, of course, is to swallow some every time you eat
Jerusalem artichokes, and sprinkle some on the dog's food.

And it makes your teeth whiter and increases your sexual prowess.
Look at:

http://www.supremenutritionproducts....eme/index.html

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 17-06-2011, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike Lyle" wrote .

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"mogga" wrote

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?

Isn't that the expensive charcoal made from bamboo?
Why would normal charcoal not do the same thing?

Because the feng shui is all wrong, and it costs less. Do try to keep
up with the latest fa^H^H^H, I mean scientific advances.

The way to use it, of course, is to swallow some every time you eat
Jerusalem artichokes, and sprinkle some on the dog's food.

Don't they still sell charcoal biscuits for dogs, when I was a lad a friend
used to pinch them from his parents dog (the sack actually) and eat them. He
was obviously many decades before his time. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-06-2011, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:35:56 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?

Isn't that the expensive charcoal made from bamboo?
Why would normal charcoal not do the same thing?

Yup.
Not a clue... unless there's something special in bamboo that is
magical? Is bamboo used because it has long roots that adbsorb
nutrients well, or because it's prolific and easy to crop?

I shall have to take some photos before and after perhaps and look
back in a year and see if there's a difference between an untreated
patch.

I'm not going to eat it anyway!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 19-06-2011, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:38:41 +0100, mogga
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:35:56 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote

I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?

Isn't that the expensive charcoal made from bamboo?
Why would normal charcoal not do the same thing?

Yup.
Not a clue... unless there's something special in bamboo that is
magical? Is bamboo used because it has long roots that adbsorb
nutrients well, or because it's prolific and easy to crop?

The latter, I think. There's been a big commercial push on bamboo in
the last few years: strips stuck together to make wooden things, even
very soft fibres for textiles, etc etc. I've got an attractive mat,
about 6' x 8', in my conservatory, made of one-inch flat strips with a
rubbery backing. Probably quite a good thing,
conservationistically...but there's always a catch (real or
fictitiious). This faddy charcoal is probably made from the waste.

The only bamboos I've met have had shallow roots.

Old 20-06-2011, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jun 17, 8:12*pm, mogga wrote:
I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?
--http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Some of the characteristics of takesumi highly acknowledged are
purifying of water and deodorant.
But they say that you can also use it for soil conditioner.
Generally it turns the soil more alkaline if you crash them in pieces
and mix them with soil.
With me i've been using it in the electric pot for cleansing the water
inside
and put some of them into the pot filled only with water in which i
grow some ivy or pothos indoors.

Ono
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ono[_2_] View Post
On Jun 17, 8:12*pm, mogga wrote:
I have been give some takesumi samples
Has anyone used it?
--http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Some of the characteristics of takesumi highly acknowledged are
purifying of water and deodorant.
But they say that you can also use it for soil conditioner.
Generally it turns the soil more alkaline if you crash them in pieces
and mix them with soil.
With me i've been using it in the electric pot for cleansing the water
inside
and put some of them into the pot filled only with water in which i
grow some ivy or pothos indoors.

Ono
I have been using inoculated charcoal for some time now and have found that there does seem to be a benefit to using it.
I bought some Takesumi charcoal after seeing it in the NALSAG magazine and am inoculating it (marinading) it in comfrey liquid manure. I am going to use a watering can to apply it to the soil and only use it in planting holes or seed drills. The theory is that the charcoal takes up the liquid fertilizer and allows it to be released slowly in the soil.
I also have a dustbin full of charcoal marinading in comfrey liquid manure. This will be crushed with a bull hammer and applied in the same way.