Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden ER

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:27:18 +0100, Sacha wrote:
I usually put cider or a can of stout into the water around ham, along
with a bay leaf, an onion, a couple of whole carrots and a few
peppercorns.

Too many flavours.
I like to cook the ham with bay, sage, crushed peppercorns, and perhaps
rosemary to make the fat aromatic. Cloves instead of sage/rosemary if
you must.

Then you can molish a separate sauce out of cider and mustard and capers
and honey and apples if you want some of that with it.

--
Bob Harvey OETKB
Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:41:32 +0100, Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Attracting every wasp and ant for miles!

To be fair I'd rather pour it on the garden than down my neck.

--
Bob Harvey OETKB
Old 02-08-2011, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Robert Harvey
writes
To be fair I'd rather pour it on the garden than down my neck.

I wouldn't drink it anyway
I'd rather have tea or coffee!

Wonder what other 'treasures' they have lined up for us to be told in
the series?

Very little plants going into that last garden with the very temporary
willow screen and hut that will decay quite quickly!For non gardeners
they aren't ever going to know about wrapping stuff up for winter
weather so those Dicksonias are a liability.
Wonder if we'll get a proper garden at all?

Allan Titchmarsh said something strange in AG magazine. He said His
programme and reached people that weren't gardeners and proper
gardeners were served by the more in depth gardening programmes (and
where does one find them then?)
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association