Old 07-08-2011, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How bad is bad?

Baz wrote in :

Yesterday the OH and me were in the front garden doing some weeding
when a chap came to me, treading on plants and with a dodgy attitude
asked if I wanted him to fix my roof! I said there is nothing wrong
with the roof and if there was I could fix it. He went on to ask if I
wanted the garden digging! Then did I want the plastic window frames
cleaning! He wouldn't take no for an answer.
Unknown to me the OH recognised him from last year when he was
stealing wheelie bins and rang the police. While undesired man and me
were talking OH passed me the phone out of the window and was
surprised to be talking to the police(as I didn't know she had rang
them). I quickly got the gist and gave them a reg. no. of a pickup
truck which I thought must have been his, he ran off immediatly.

6.30 this morning we were going out for the day. No chance. 8 slashed
tyres and DEEP scratches to the bodywork of our cars.

I feel like giving in! For F**ks sake. We both have to go to work
tomorrow.

Baz

This man is now in custody.

Baz
Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 10:55:55 GMT, Baz wrote:

Baz wrote in :

[...]

Hope they can do him for something!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 07-08-2011, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mogga wrote in
:

Baz wrote in :

[...]

They will "do" him, but the courts decide the penalty.
More often than not a law breaker, even a violent cus will go free to
offend again.

Baz
Old 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Baz wrote in :

[...]

Now that is good news. Keep us posted!

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk
Old 07-08-2011, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Baz wrote in :

[...]

Good. I hope they make it all stick, and he gets a right miserable
magistrate on a bad hair/rotten hangover day.

--
Kathy

Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 08-08-2011, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.

I went to the court this morning to see that monster.

He has so many things against him in his past and with loads of
convictions, including violence and he is remanded in custody.

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was released
with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell! Why?

Baz
Old 08-08-2011, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-08-08 18:30:38 +0100, Baz said:

Gordon H wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes

This man is now in custody.
Baz

Good news.

I went to the court this morning to see that monster.

He has so many things against him in his past and with loads of
convictions, including violence and he is remanded in custody.

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was released
with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell! Why?

Baz

I don't know what that means? He was supposed to hand himself over if he
re-offended or was caught doing so? He was supposed to 'sign in' at the
local police station once a day/week/month? Whatever it was, he doesn't
sound like the type who's going to be too bothered about complying with
anything. But I'm so glad he's been caught and we can hope he'll go to
jail for enough time to allow all of you to organise a neighbourhood watch
scheme that's effective and enough to put him off trying it on again.

I'm getting quite irritable, not to say bloody annoyed, at reading
criticism of the police handling of the current riots. Firstly, whatever
they do, they seem to be damned by doing too much by one side or not
enough by another. Secondly, people complain about not seeing enough
police when 'incidents' occur. Well, hello, moan about this in
'peacetime' and not when it's too late and moan to the politicians who
advocate soft sentencing and going easy on users of drugs. Thirdly, the
rioters we're seeing now aren't doing this because someone's holding a gun
to their heads, they're doing it because they want to. And tonight, live
on tv, we saw transmissions of the police having things hurled at them by
yobs breaking into vehicles and trying to stove in windows in their spare
time. It makes me mad to hear people moaning that the police do nothing
when they have to stand there and take that kind of treatment. The police
barely have time to draw breath before they're abused and assaulted yet
again. A little less bleeding heart and a bit more "we won't put up with
this from anyone" on the part of everybody seems to be required.
--
Sacha
South Devon

A lot of this is down to the attitude of the "I am so powerful .............
SIR" Police.

THEY are the ones who need to be taken down a notch or seven

Mike

Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:56:46 +0100, Sacha wrote:

The a.hole has form including a jail sentence from which he was
released with conditions to return. He never complied.Bloody hell!

Why?

Why, was he released or Why, didn't he comply. The latter is obvious
the a.hole doesn't have any respect for any body or their property.
He does what he wants, when he wants. Jail isn't really going to
change him, pillory might but...

The former well we have gone too soft these days IMHO, right from the
cradle, with parents not educating their kids on "right" and "wrong",
not administering any form of meaningful punishment or worse leaving
it for school to do, by which time it's too late.

But I'm so glad he's been caught and we can hope he'll go to jail for
enough time to allow all of you to organise a neighbourhood watch scheme
that's effective and enough to put him off trying it on again.

I do hope he goes down but he'll be back out and he won't have
changed his ways. He seems a nasty enough piece of work to survive
quite well in prison, he'll be kept warm and fed at our expense.

It makes me mad to hear people moaning that the police do nothing when
they have to stand there and take that kind of treatment. The police
barely have time to draw breath before they're abused and assaulted yet
again. A little less bleeding heart and a bit more "we won't put up
with this from anyone" on the part of everybody seems to be required.

Quite, where is the water cannon, tear gas and batton charges. That's
how they dealt with riots in the 60's. I was very old, 10, but sort
of remember them. Any one in the rioting crowd is a rioter, If they
aren't a rioter why haven't they got the F out of there, any sensible
person would.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I'm confused, how long has Jersey been in South Devon?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
Quite, where is the water cannon, tear gas and batton charges. That's
how they dealt with riots in the 60's. I was very old, 10, but sort
of remember them. Any one in the rioting crowd is a rioter, If they
aren't a rioter why haven't they got the F out of there, any sensible
person would.

I'd use indelible green paint fired by water cannons just so you can
find the little oiks afterwards!

I think there will be many troublemakers who are deliberately going into
these areas from miles away to cause mayhem and a bit of looting on the
side. Sad really, the communities will suffer.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice writes
Quite, where is the water cannon, tear gas and batton charges. That's
how they dealt with riots in the 60's. I was very old, 10, but sort
of remember them. Any one in the rioting crowd is a rioter, If they
aren't a rioter why haven't they got the F out of there, any sensible
person would.

I'd use indelible green paint fired by water cannons just so you can
find the little oiks afterwards!

I would cause a bit of a problem with the clean up if you couldn't
clean away the green paint. tottenham would be rather green now :-)

--
Chris French

Old 10-08-2011, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , chris French
writes
I would cause a bit of a problem with the clean up if you couldn't
clean away the green paint. tottenham would be rather green now :-)

But only outside shops and it would be a small price to pay and cover
up all the chewing gum stuck to the tarmac
Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:

I saw the German police suppressing a student demonstration in
Frankfurt in the late 1960s. I think the same sort of show of
overwhelming force would soon stop what is going on in London at the
moment.

I suggest studying a bit of history. These riots are an inevitable
consequence of the policies of the past 25 years, which is when
some of us started predicting them. I wasn't expecting them to
explode quite like this, but was not in the slightest surprised.
Whether or not using massive violence to suppress them worked,
it would assuredly not stop them recurring. The only solution
is to remove the root causes, rather than fuel them (which is
the current policy).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
Amongst root causes are no hope of employment in some areas, the
opportunity to steal things that rioters could never afford and
"having fun".
--

Martin

Whilst agreeing with the above, I believe you haven't gone far enough.
Before the "no hope " stage arrives, people - i.e. children/youths need to
have been taught respect for their elders.This goes even further back to
their school days where lack of discipline was / is rife.

The abolishment of corporal punishment was the start of the rot. No one
ever wanted to "beat up" children for misbehaving, but a short sharp shock
worked wonders Rmember Willy Whitlelaw's proposal which got nowhere ?

In retrospect we can appreciate the wisdow of our own education, I assume we
are all well behaved pillars of society !

Bill