Old 01-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Glenda Young

Default Was: Rachel De Thames - Now: Gender and Gardening

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:56:27 +0100, Victor Meldrew
tippy-typed:

If you've ever seen pictures of her when she was a model you'll notice
she was unusually big around the hips even then. She says she's always
been big-boned around the middle. Wouldn't bother me one bit. I'm not
into skinny birds but I prefer them to know a bit about gardening ;-)

I hardly think there's anything unusual about a woman having hips but
what was completely wrong with Gardener's World last week and made me
tut at the gorgeous Mr Don was the fact that him and the other laddo
were doing all the interesting, manly stuff together in the greenhouse
and there's little old Rachel and all she gets to do is a pretty girly
hanging basket. Nothing wrong with hanging baskets per se, they're
great, but please - gardening isn't and shouldn't be gender specific!!
My partner and I are happiest when I'm digging over the vegetable
patch and he's twiddling with his clematis (but that's another story
and a very different newsgroup!). What happened to that woman who
grows the vegetables on GW? Bring her back, I say, she's fab. A
proper woman and a proper gardener. None of this nancy-pamby Nigella
of the soil nonsense.

Old 01-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Drakanthus

Default Rachel De Thames - Now: Gender and Gardening

What happened to that woman who
grows the vegetables on GW? Bring her back, I say, she's fab. A
proper woman and a proper gardener. None of this nancy-pamby Nigella
of the soil nonsense.

Pippa Greenwood do you mean? Tough call that one. Not sure whether I'd prefer a
watch a woman who knows hers gardening or R De T's arse.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

Old 02-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Sacha

in article , Glenda Young at
wrote on 1/5/03 8:50 pm:

[...]

Hmmmm. My stepson makes up the majority of around 600 hanging baskets a
year. Nothing 'female' about him. The whole point surely is that
gardening is NOT gender specific.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

both seeking now, Rachel and Darcy helped the dark offices below urban diet Geoff United Kingdom 0 24-07-2005 01:04 PM
Piranha in the River Thames? BenignVanilla Ponds 0 23-02-2004 03:30 AM
catasetum gender agnatha3141 Orchids 12 29-11-2003 07:02 AM
Trees in Clarence Street - Kingston upon Thames Philip United Kingdom 3 18-11-2003 03:02 PM
Kiwi gender issues Right Star Edible Gardening 5 02-06-2003 04:56 AM