Old 27-08-2011, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default Blowing Neighbours smell away

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but if
you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with you
then I shall not waste my time with you.

Bon weekend!

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old 27-08-2011, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but
if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with
you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of that lung
cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

--
Adam

Old 27-08-2011, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:06:16 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but
if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with
you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of that lung
cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

He believed it himself. That's good enough for me.
Old 28-08-2011, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

I believe that you are a ****wit. Is that good enough for you?

Old 28-08-2011, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Having analysed the various passive smoking arguments, "Keith" made the
following contribution to the discussion:

I believe that you are a ****wit. Is that good enough for you?

Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is a personal insult,
then you have lost the argument.

When you have an IQ lower than your shoe size, it's usually best to keep
quiet.
--
Interloper

Old 28-08-2011, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2011 21:43, Interloper wrote:
Having analysed the various passive smoking arguments, "Keith" made the
following contribution to the discussion:

I believe that you are a ****wit. Is that good enough for you?

Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is a personal insult,
then you have lost the argument.

When you have an IQ lower than your shoe size, it's usually best to keep
quiet.

Your stupidity is simply astounding.

Firstly you say "Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is
a personal insult, then you have lost the argument".

Followed by "When you have an IQ lower than your shoe size, it's usually
best to keep quiet".

So you have just lost the argument.

Please examine your feet for bullet wounds.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Astounded from Medway wrote:

Your stupidity is simply astounding.

Firstly you say "Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is a
personal insult, then you have lost the argument".

Followed by "When you have an IQ lower than your shoe size, it's usually
best to keep quiet".

That was a generalisation, but of course, if the cap fits... !
--
Interloper

Old 30-08-2011, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

In message , Interloper
writes
Having analysed the various passive smoking arguments, "Keith" made the
following contribution to the discussion:

I believe that you are a ****wit. Is that good enough for you?

Rather like 'TMH', if the best you can come up with is a personal insult,
then you have lost the argument.

So some say, but why ?

There is no hard evidence to support it and few have died from it

--
geoff
Old 28-08-2011, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking,
but if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree
with you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of
that lung cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

He believed it himself. That's good enough for me.

And if he believed that fairies lived at the bottom of the garden?

--
Adam

Old 30-08-2011, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
wrote:

David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang
on to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere
in the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking,
but if you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree
with you then I shall not waste my time with you.

He died of lung cancer. Passive smoking was a suggested cause of
that lung cancer. That does not make it a well well documented proof.

He believed it himself. That's good enough for me.

And if he believed that fairies lived at the bottom of the garden?

You mean ...

they don't ?

--
geoff

Old 27-08-2011, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 27/08/2011 21:47, David Rance wrote:
On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why don't you try getting a life?

Most likely Dave has already got a life and he is trying to hang on
to it
and his health by avoiding passive smoking.

Could you name someone who as died from passive smoking? Anywhere in
the world will do.

Roy Castle, the entertainer.

Nope.

It is well documented that Roy Castle did die of passive smoking, but if
you are simply going to contradict anyone who doesn't agree with you
then I shall not waste my time with you.

Roy Castle died of lung cancer, like many non smokers do, but it wasn't
caused by the myth of passive smoking.

The types of lung cancer affecting smokers & non smokers are entirely
different & occur in entirely different parts of the lung.

Inconvenient I know, but true nevertheless.

Old 28-08-2011, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Roy Castle died of lung cancer, like many non smokers do, but it wasn't
caused by the myth of passive smoking.

The types of lung cancer affecting smokers & non smokers are entirely
different & occur in entirely different parts of the lung.

Inconvenient I know, but true nevertheless.

Very true - there are a lot of myths about smoking, perpetuated by those
with an agenda and propagated by those who slavishly believe whatever
they're told.

For a more balanced view on the subject, the singer Joe Jackson decided
to look into REAL facts regarding smoking and wrote "Smoke Lies, and the
Nanny State"

It can be downloaded here as a doc or PDF file:

Jon
Old 28-08-2011, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2011 00:40, Jon wrote:

It can be downloaded here as a doc or PDF file:

Oops, here

http://www.joejackson.com/smoking.php

Old 28-08-2011, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

"Jon" wrote in message

Very true - there are a lot of myths about smoking, perpetuated by those
with an agenda and propagated by those who slavishly believe whatever
they're told.

Mostly by the addicts.

For a more balanced view on the subject, the singer Joe Jackson decided to
look into REAL facts regarding smoking and wrote "Smoke Lies, and the
Nanny State"

Addicts and their suppliers always like to look at studies and ignore those
that don't agree with their findings.
remember how many decades the smoking lobby told everyone that smoking
didn't harm the addicts?
remember how many decades the smoking lobby claimed smoking was not
addictive.
Now they claim passive smoking does no harm.

You just can't trust the smoking industry or the addicts, they lie, they lie
lots.

There is no way an addict will admit that he has helped to kill someone and
they will cling on to any sliver of evidence to say they didn't, such is
life and death.

Its pointless arguing with addicts until they are cured.

Old 29-08-2011, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

On 28/08/2011 18:57, dennis@home wrote:

"Jon" wrote in message

Very true - there are a lot of myths about smoking, perpetuated by
those with an agenda and propagated by those who slavishly believe
whatever they're told.

Mostly by the addicts.

For a more balanced view on the subject, the singer Joe Jackson
decided to look into REAL facts regarding smoking and wrote "Smoke
Lies, and the Nanny State"

Hello Dennipoos.

You are well known around here for being a thick ****. This does
nothing to avoid that opinion.

Addicts and their suppliers always like to look at studies and ignore
those that don't agree with their findings.

The anti smoking fascists do exactly that. Any study refuting the
passive smoking myth are suppressed and never published - and they are
legion & many fold.

remember how many decades the smoking lobby told everyone that smoking
didn't harm the addicts?

Remember how the ASF spent years trying to denigrate smokers?

remember how many decades the smoking lobby claimed smoking was not
addictive.

You are going to have to provide some evidence for that.

Now they claim passive smoking does no harm.

You just can't trust the smoking industry or the addicts, they lie, they
lie lots.

Nothing like the anti smoking lobby. When it comes to lies, false
information & fudged reports they are in a league of their own.

Perhaps you would like to check out the well known anti smoking charity
Action on Smoking & Health?

Let me know when you do, we can talk about funding & lying.

There is no way an addict will admit that he has helped to kill someone
and they will cling on to any sliver of evidence to say they didn't,
such is life and death.

There is no way a small minded idiot like you would ever develop the
intellectual capacity to think for himself.

Its pointless arguing with addicts until they are cured.

Its pointless arguing with thick ****s like you.