Old 22-09-2011, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Michaelmas Daisies

"Pam Moore" wrote
Sue, I have aster frikartii Monch and love the colour and the time of
flowering. I've not tried the others you mention but favour the
blues.
Do you order from any particular firm? I'd like to get some more for
next year, particularly Jungfrau.

Hi Pam. Yes it is a good colour and very welcome in flower this time of
year. Jungfrau is more or less the same shade but a slightly sturdier
habit IMO. I found that one while having a browse around in a small
Norfolk nursery two or three years ago. They don't seem to have it
listed on their website now though:
'The Plantsman's Preference' http://www.plantpref.co.uk/
but you could email/phone to see if they still stock it.

--
Sue

Old 22-09-2011, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:13:51 +0100, RG wrote:

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:02:34 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I think you would have been better off Sacha to have got a new mouse.
The modern cordless laser mouse is a very accurate and reliable
device, far more precise than any trackpad.

You're probably going to be proved right! I'm so tired of this thing
and my daughter is dying to get her hands on it. I'm going to get a new
mouse and get shot of this - she's very welcome to it! I'm assuming
Apple sell what you're suggesting but I'll take a look. The trackpad is
probably great for young, nimble fingers or those used to laptops but
for me, it's a mess.

You can get an Apple branded mouse or one from a firm like Logitech who
make reasonable quality devices. Apple also have a new gadget called a
'magic mouse' but I haven't tried it. I'd strongly suggest that you try
before buying if you possibly can, because the feel is quite important.
Good luck!

Get an iPad. You don't need a mouse!

Pam in Bristol
Old 23-09-2011, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-09-22 20:13:51 +0100, RG said:

[...]

Thanks, Richard. The nearest Apple store to us is, I think, in Bristol.

You can get a suitable mouse at the nearest PC World, and they will have a
bigger selection to try out.
You just need to confirm that it has a suitable Apple driver.

Old 27-09-2011, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:26:00 +0100, "Sue"
wrote:

I'd like to find others in different colours if possible, as these are
all pretty much the same lavender blue, so I was wondering if anyone
could suggest any varieties that would grow in a light soil that are a
red, pink or deeper purpley colour?

One that does quite well for me in poor soil with my typical benign
negliect is a dwarf, Aster n.b. "Dwarf Lady in Blue". Seems hard to
kiil, even for me. Very small though (1 foot).

I also have Aster n.a. Purple Dome, but that's fussier about where you
plant it. It doesn't seem to like being buried under my Caryopteris
--
Bob Moore
http://bobmoore.mvps.org/

Weed of the week: Michaelmas daisy (Symphiotrichum x salignum) Mad Cow Garden Photos 0 07-10-2013 12:05 AM
Michaelmas daisy David in Normandy[_3_] United Kingdom 5 05-10-2007 08:43 PM
Michaelmas daisies Tim Gorgs Gardening 1 23-05-2004 07:07 AM
Livingston Daisies Andrew United Kingdom 2 18-09-2003 09:04 PM
Repost: Leaves falling off daisies (was: Margharite daisies look sad, help!) Adam Schwartz Gardening 3 08-06-2003 05:56 AM