Old 15-10-2011, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Foxes

Anybody any idea how to keep Foxes out of your garden?

We have a series of miniscule gardens (as I have been ridiculed about
before) and we are having trouble with Foxes crushing down fences/shrubs
etc.

Your comments welcomed

Mike

Old 15-10-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:39:52 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Anybody any idea how to keep Foxes out of your garden?

We have a series of miniscule gardens (as I have been ridiculed about
before) and we are having trouble with Foxes crushing down fences/shrubs
etc.

Your comments welcomed

Mike

The illegitimi have again gained entrance to my fruit cage and have
set about digging for victory, or for the centre of the earth. I even
have video footage of the c**ts sunning themselves on top of the local
sheds and garages.

Lead poisoning (.225 or larger calibre) is probably best, but is
likely to cost (legally) is around £175 per carcass. In an urban
enviroment, the local hunt would probably do more damage than the
foxes. Chemicals available to the domestic gardener do not seem to me
to be effective. Wire fencing seems to work but it needs to go down
at least a foot below soil level. Paving slabs on edge have proved
effective too.

As an alternative, but less neighbour friendly approach, scatter blood
fish and bone mixture away from your patch.

Regards
Jenks