Old 19-11-2011, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A bit of a ticking off!

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 Baz wrote:

Very droll. But amusing.

Tautology.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 19-11-2011, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote in
:

In article ,
Nospam@invalid says...

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:27:13 -0000, Janet wrote:

There is nothing unlawful about putting up a sign that says
"beware of
the dog".

A few years ago there was a case where a dog attacked someone in a
chap's back garden. He argued that the dog was normally docile and
wasn't a guard dog as such but the fact that he had a "beware of the
dog" sign on his gate (as a deterrent to intruders) was taken as
evidence that he really thought the dog might be dangerous and he had
to pay damages to the intruder. IIRC the court nearly ordered the
dog's destruction but was persuaded not to.

Which still does not make it illegal to put up the sign.

Janet.

Just **** off then.
I have tried to please your ****ed up ego.

Baz
Old 19-11-2011, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2931f4f09860509598abf9
@news.eternal-september.org:

In article ,
says...
I see.
I have gotten the wrong end of the stick, as it were. Ruff ruff.

Seriously I do tend not to read things properly,

I noticed :-)

not an excuse, but I do work hard at it.

So Janet, I was talking nonsense.
My apologies.

Thankyou, that's OK.
Be careful with the FPN that you don't make the situation worse for
yourself.

Janet

ffo

Baz
Old 19-11-2011, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

[...]

Baz have you ever stood back and looked at yourself and the problems YOU
seem to get surrounded with?

No?

I suggest you do then!

Kindest possible sympathies

Mike

Old 19-11-2011, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Rance wrote in
:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 Baz wrote:

Very droll. But amusing.

Tautology.

David

Next thing we know some smartass will give us the droll words "Google is
your friend"

How erm, erm, taut? ....or just shit?

Baz

Old 19-11-2011, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

[...]

Look here Walter,

If I wanted to hear from an arsehole, I would have farted.

Baz
Old 19-11-2011, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

[...]

That's what I mean :-))

Thank you for proving the point.

You will let us know the next time you put your feet in it won't you :-))

Mike

Kindest regards

Old 19-11-2011, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

:-))

Mike

Thankyou for thanking me, glad to be of assistance for you and Walter and
your imaginary wife with your imaginary garden on your imaginary island.

Only snag now is that I will not see your reply, which will give you the
option of barking at the moon.

Byebye waltermitty
Baz
Old 19-11-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

What a shame.

What a shame that you have proved once again what a Pratt you are.

Why why why do you listen to those who don't have a clue, yet dismiss the
wise ones?

Part of the urg structure I suppose. :-((

(I wonder what our friends over in gardenbanter think to such subscribers as
yourself and the predicaments you get yourself into?)

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 19-11-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Doubt if I will get and answer, but why the title Walter Mitty?

Because you are a sheep and following what someone else said? Did you note
that they couldn't explain it either :-))

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 19-11-2011, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in
:

"Baz" wrote in message
Janet wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

as a ps Baz

Have you noticed that every so often, subscribers to urg put their head
above the parapet, take a poke at me, then run off with their tails between
their legs when they cannot justify their accusations/attacks?

No?

Well pay attention in future.

Mike

:-))

Old 19-11-2011, 07:23 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Spider[_3_
Can you plant a prickly rose against that fence so that you have some
protection? Provided you keep it trimmed at the top (which will make it
denser ;~)), I don't see how the police can object.
Indeed many police forces will give you a leaflet on protecting your home and garden which contains suggestions for prickly plants.
__________________
Old 19-11-2011, 07:30 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMike View Post
I have put up barbed wire to stop little scrotes flattening the mesh I put
along the top of a wall to stop the dog escaping. It has never occurred to
me that I may be in trouble if said scrotes hurt themselves on it. To be
honest although it is along a back wall mostly out of sight I hate seeing it
there but had no choice.
I'm not sure what the law actually is. I think you're not supposed to have anything vicious along anywhere where there's public access, so no razor wire or metal spiked railings. But a string of barbed wire is an acceptable topping for the wire fencing around farmers fields, both alongside roads and public rights of way, and in "right to roam" areas, it's hard to see how they draw the dividing line between that, and barbed wire along your boundary.

I agree that one could argue that deliberately setting barbed wire across a path taken by a trespasser in the dark and not in full possession of his faculties could be viewed differently. But one wonders what would have happened had you, Baz, not accepted the ASBO? Could you have argued your case adequately in court? (assuming sufficient funds, which few of us have).
__________________
Old 19-11-2011, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet writes
Which still does not make it illegal to put up the sign.

Janet.

You should instead put up a sign that says "Beware of the Rottweiler" if
you dog happens to be another breed
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-11-2011, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 18
Trespass is a bit weird there is no offence provided the trespasser
leaves when asked.

--
Cheers
Dave.

If he doesn't leave and you don't make sure he does, he then becomes a
licensee which effectively gives him permission to be there.

Bill