Old 28-12-2011, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mike Crowe 2012?

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?
Old 28-12-2011, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steerpike" wrote

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

After years of trying to appeal to his good nature (obviously absent) to get
him to desist from his attempts at annoying all and sundry I put him in my
Blocked Senders list ages ago. Unfortunately a lot of people when they reply
to him re-post his crap, instead of snipping it, so I end up seeing his
pathetic ramblings despite my best efforts.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 28-12-2011, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Steerpike" wrote

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

After years of trying to appeal to his good nature (obviously absent) to
get him to desist from his attempts at annoying all and sundry I put him
in my Blocked Senders list ages ago. Unfortunately a lot of people when
they reply to him re-post his crap, instead of snipping it, so I end up
seeing his pathetic ramblings despite my best efforts.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

:-(((

You've been brainwashed as well have you Bob?

:-(((

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 28-12-2011, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Steerpike" wrote

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

After years of trying to appeal to his good nature (obviously absent)
to get him to desist from his attempts at annoying all and sundry I
put him in my Blocked Senders list ages ago. Unfortunately a lot of
people when they reply to him re-post his crap, instead of snipping
it, so I end up seeing his pathetic ramblings despite my best efforts.

Yes, very annoying for me too. There is not much we can do but educate the
persons who reply to the ramblings. Snip the text, don't repost it with
your reply. It will then be talking to itself, as is only natural to a
rambler.

Baz

Old 28-12-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:45:51 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Steerpike" wrote

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

After years of trying to appeal to his good nature (obviously absent) to get
him to desist from his attempts at annoying all and sundry I put him in my
Blocked Senders list ages ago. Unfortunately a lot of people when they reply
to him re-post his crap, instead of snipping it, so I end up seeing his
pathetic ramblings despite my best efforts.

I use Agent as my newsreader and, by default, it is set not to display
anything other than the "current" message. If I want to see the one to
which it replies I just click on it to view. As MC's in my killfile,
his messages aren't listed and so I've happily avoided anything from
him since I can't remember when.

Some in this group read his messages only to check for any defamation.
Others clearly read and reply and that's entirely their choice, it's
not for anyone else to dictate to them. I suppose it's for those who
never want to read MC's stuff to invest in a capable newsreader or if
they've got one to set the appropriate options.

MC's impact on the IOW newsgroup is entirely a matter for that group
to resolve. I find it a little irritating when things spill over from
that group like this and we are asked to do something of which the
other group seems incapable.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is when it stops raining!
Old 28-12-2011, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:45:51 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Steerpike" wrote

[...]

This is quite amazing. But then maybe not, as sooooooooooooooooo many of you
are brainwashed to 'hate me'

:-))))))))))))))

Baa Baa Baa Baa

Can NONE of you think for yourselves other than those who communicate with
me, (and I must admit that the list is growing, by email?) EMAIL?????
Shock horror. Not known in this newsgroup :-))

And a Very Happy and PROFITABLE New Year to all who use this newsgroup.

Mike

ps

(any more ex RAF National Servicemen that I don't know about? Contact me for
details of a huge parade complete with Chief of the Air Staff and the
Battle of Britain Commemorative Flight. Be a VIP Guest with me)

Old 28-12-2011, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 01:23:59 -0800 (PST), Steerpike wrote:

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

a quick search on here limits your replies mr steerpike to comments on that
t*sser so another addition to the KF ... plonk
--
(º•.¸(¨*•.¸ ¸.•*¨)¸.•º)
.•°•. Nik .•°•.
Old 29-12-2011, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
"Steerpike" wrote

Mike Crowe has pretty much single handedly ruined the IOW local NG
through posting incessant crap. Would it not be a splendid idea for
all users of groups he posts on to kill-file him for 2012, which might
just send him a message he is going to understand?

After years of trying to appeal to his good nature (obviously absent)
to get him to desist from his attempts at annoying all and sundry I put
him in my Blocked Senders list ages ago. Unfortunately a lot of people
when they reply to him re-post his crap, instead of snipping it, so I
end up seeing his pathetic ramblings despite my best efforts.

+1
--
hugh
Old 29-12-2011, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I don't usually enter discussions like this, but..........some months ago,
Mike helped me out with some info I needed, helpfully and politely. He's
never bothered me in any way, so....I won't be joining the
lemmings.....sorry.
Pete C

Old 29-12-2011, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote ...

I don't usually enter discussions like this, but..........some months ago,
Mike helped me out with some info I needed, helpfully and politely. He's
never bothered me in any way, so....I won't be joining the
lemmings.....sorry.

Don't be sorry and don't call me a Lemming, that makes you sound like you
have been infected with the same evil persona as him.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-12-2011, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Pete C" wrote ...

I don't usually enter discussions like this, but..........some months ago,
Mike helped me out with some info I needed, helpfully and politely. He's
never bothered me in any way, so....I won't be joining the
lemmings.....sorry.

Don't be sorry and don't call me a Lemming, that makes you sound like you
have been infected with the same evil persona as him.

Well Bob, I think that you will find that he has the same surname (;-)

Phil

Old 30-12-2011, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:51:40 -0000, "Phil Gurr"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Pete C" wrote ...

I don't usually enter discussions like this, but..........some months
ago,
Mike helped me out with some info I needed, helpfully and politely. He's
never bothered me in any way, so....I won't be joining the
lemmings.....sorry.

Don't be sorry and don't call me a Lemming, that makes you sound like
you
have been infected with the same evil persona as him.

Well Bob, I think that you will find that he has the same surname (;-)

I know you won't.
--

Martin

You're not supposed to say things like that Martin, how are the Lemmings
going to pour out their bile with statements like that?

Happy New Year

Mike

Old 03-01-2012, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
There are people who go into the KF instantly, you are one of them.(silent
plonk)

Except that is the exact opposite of a silent plonk.

A silent plonk would be one where you don't tell everyone on usenet that
you've done it...

--
regards andyw