Old 18-02-2012, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My granny lied.

She told me that root crops couldn't be transplanted, they could only
be thinned.
She lied.
Old 18-02-2012, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Feb 18, 4:32*pm, harry wrote:
She told me that root crops couldn't be transplanted, they could only
be thinned.
She lied.

In her days you grew all root crops from the start in the open ground,
and they do not transplant at all well.
It's different if you start them in modules.
Times change and so does knowledge.
I think you owe your Granny an apology.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bat
Old 19-02-2012, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 18, 7:06*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On Feb 18, 4:32*pm, harry wrote:

She told me that root crops couldn't be transplanted, they could only
be thinned.
She lied.

In her days you grew all root crops from the start in the open ground,
and they do not transplant at all well.
It's different if you start them in modules.
Times change and so does knowledge.
I think you owe your Granny an apology.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bat

For an experiment, I transplanted my thinnings last year. (Beetroot)
They did as well as the others. I only watered them once too. They
were at the two seed leaf stage.
Old 20-02-2012, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
In her days you grew all root crops from the start in the open ground,
and they do not transplant at all well.
It's different if you start them in modules.

I once dug up a lot of very closely sown carrots at the very tiny stage
and rinsed them in a colander and transplanted them spaced apart, best
crop i ever grew

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Rove speaks to Granny and Ratgurl during victory lap on NBC IntarsiaCo Gardening 10 10-11-2004 04:49 PM
Something from my sweety Granny Artemis paghat Gardening 8 06-11-2004 05:50 PM
WH"s (Granny Grump) REBEL JOE Ponds 0 19-06-2004 03:07 PM
You lied and the kid died Daryl S. Kabatoff Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-02-2004 07:06 PM