Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 PM
paghat

Default Something from my sweety Granny Artemis

[from Granny Artemis]

Here's something that comforts me when thinking about the 11 states in our
fair land that passed anti-gay marriage amendments on Tuesday.

Leo Alard was the first Hispanic to become an
Episcopalian bishop in the U.S. His pioneer spirit emerged early on. As a
young priest in the 1960s, he headed a racially integrated parish in
Cattahoochee, Florida. The bigots of the KKK didn't look favorably on his
work, and on one occasion they burned a cross on the church lawn. Alard,
who was supervising a youth group on that particular night, brought the
class out and had everyone toast marshmallows over the fire.

So let's all toast some marshmallows!

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 05-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Haga La Fila Aqui

"Natty_Dread" wrote in message

Your response to Anonny's post proves the unfortunate point that

everyone's
reality is different. In my reality, I prefer to live and let live. How
sad for the world in general that so many people in it are too scared
(and/or too stupid) to do the same.

Typical drivel from a liberal. If everyone's reality were different, there
would be no reality.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:31 AM
Sterling

BATON ROUGE -- By an almost 4-to-1 margin, Louisiana voters said yes
Saturday to putting a ban on same-sex marriages in the state Constitution.
and:
In Tuesday's balloting, Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi,
Michigan, North Dakota, Arkansas, Montana, Utah and Oklahoma solidly
backed state constitutional amendments to define marriage as a union
between a man and a woman.
and
Missourians voted by a lopsided 71 percent to 29 percent vote to amend
their state constitution to define marriage as between a man and woman only.
and
Fifteen state legislatures have rejected proposed marriage amendments
to their constitutions.

Hmmmm....

Old 05-11-2004, 04:20 AM
Natty_Dread

"Haga La Fila Aqui" Asabas Lopez wrote in message

"Natty_Dread" wrote in message

Your response to Anonny's post proves the unfortunate point that

everyone's
reality is different. In my reality, I prefer to live and let live.

How
sad for the world in general that so many people in it are too scared
(and/or too stupid) to do the same.

Typical drivel from a liberal. If everyone's reality were different,

there
would be no reality.

LOL...again, you made my point. The reality is that each person has his or
her OWN reality. We view the world through the filter(s) of our life
experiences, so each person's world looks slightly different than the next
person's. Open your mind...it won't hurt you.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:48 AM
gregpresley

"Anonny Moose" In his victory speech yesterday, President Bush indicated
that he would
"reach out to the whole nation," including those who voted for John Kerry.
But even if he wanted to be more conciliatory now, the constituency to

which
he owes his victory is not a yielding one. He must give them what they

want
on things like judicial appointments. His helpers are also his keepers.

The moral zealots will, I predict, give some cause for dismay even to
nonfundamentalist Republicans. Jihads are scary things. It is not too

early
to start yearning back toward the Enlightenment.

Lest anyone think this is an exaggeration, this morning on C Span, listening
to the people calling in, (the topic being cabinet replacements, including
Attorney General) several people called in saying that Rudy Giuliani would
not be an acceptable Attorney General to them, as he was much too tolerant
(pro-choice, not hateful about gay people). One woman said, "We elected Bush
solely on the basis of the moral values he advocated, and he owes us. If he
doesn't deliver, we will hound the congressmen and Senators that we elected
to override him".

Garry Wills, an adjunct professor of history at Northwestern University,

is
the author of "St. Augustine's Conversion."

Old 05-11-2004, 11:46 AM
IntarsiaCo

Here's something that comforts me when thinking

And here I was comforted by the thought that you were on your way to China and
Ingrid was doing her banking in a mattress.
Me, I'm buying pharmaceutical stocks.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Uncle Remus

"Lee" wrote in message
om...

it surely is sad.
The out come of the presidential race is saddening to me, and the
thoughts above reflect my own amazement that so many people of a
"democracy" that is supposed to assume the equality of each citizen
can be so narrow minded and blind to the real problems of this great
nation. I am more comcerned than I have ever been for the welfare of
our citizens.
Leo/lee

Why do you think anyone would give a rat's ass about your stupid liberal
claptrap?

Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 AM
Natty_Dread

"Uncle Remus" . wrote in message

"Lee" wrote in message
om...

it surely is sad.
The out come of the presidential race is saddening to me, and the
thoughts above reflect my own amazement that so many people of a
"democracy" that is supposed to assume the equality of each citizen
can be so narrow minded and blind to the real problems of this great
nation. I am more comcerned than I have ever been for the welfare of
our citizens.
Leo/lee

Why do you think anyone would give a rat's ass about your stupid liberal
claptrap?

Maybe the 55 million or so non-conservatives that voted in the election?

Old 06-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article , "Uncle Remus" .
says...

"Lee" wrote in message
om...

The out come of the presidential race is saddening to me, and the
thoughts above reflect my own amazement that so many people of a
"democracy" that is supposed to assume the equality of each citizen
can be so narrow minded and blind to the real problems of this great
nation.

Why do you think anyone would give a rat's ass about your stupid liberal
claptrap?

That's the kind of calm, reasoned, response I've come to expect from
neo-cons.

For everyone else, Leonard Pitts' column (Miami Herald) is worth a good
read:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...nard_pitts/101
03571.htm?1c

[IMG] code is On

My granny lied. harry United Kingdom 3 20-02-2012 05:55 PM
Cymbidium Granny Smith Tee Pee X 2 P Max Orchid Photos 0 25-02-2007 11:19 PM
Rove speaks to Granny and Ratgurl during victory lap on NBC IntarsiaCo Gardening 10 10-11-2004 04:49 PM
WH"s (Granny Grump) REBEL JOE Ponds 0 19-06-2004 03:07 PM
[IBC] Crassula something? Jay Sinclair Bonsai 1 24-02-2003 08:10 PM