Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
That's the point Christine was making - if you are with an ISP that doesn't support newsgroups or indeed if you are relatively new to the internet and your computer hasn't arrived with a newsreader amongst the bundled software) how do you find out about urg? Answer - via a web portal.
i have not got a clue what your all on about with posting on sites, i struggled putting the pics on this site. thanks for all the help on my problem. i have took some new pics and will post on here but not sure how to put links on sorry, but if i find out how to i will
Old 12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2dogs View Post
i have not got a clue what your all on about with posting on sites, i struggled putting the pics on this site. thanks for all the help on my problem. i have took some new pics and will post on here but not sure how to put links on sorry, but if i find out how to i will
new pics in focus. hope these are better
Attached Thumbnails
can someone please id these please-dsc00265.jpg
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2dogs View Post
new pics in focus. hope these are better
this is the little fellow roots are all underground and connected together
Attached Thumbnails
can someone please id these please-dsc00089.jpg   can someone please id these please-dsc00088.jpg
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2dogs View Post
i have not got a clue what your all on about with posting on sites, i struggled putting the pics on this site. thanks for all the help on my problem. i have took some new pics and will post on here but not sure how to put links on sorry, but if i find out how to i will
Gardenbanter is not a gardening website. It is simply a postbox. It took your posts and posted them to a gardening newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening. It takes all the posts from uk.rec.gardening and copies them on to gardenbanter - including all the posts from people who post direct to uk.rec.gardening (which you'll recognise because gardenbanter calls the "external posters")

However, when gardenbanter sends your post to uk.rec.gardening, it doesn't bother to send the pictures.

This is a problem for you since most of the people who can answer your question are on uk.rec.gardening - they use proper newsreader software to read uk.rec.gardening, and so don't need to come anywhere near gardenbanter.

If you look at the top of the page, under the word gardenbanter it says "a web gateway to the finest gardening newsgroups". And at the top of this section there's a "sticky" which describes what uk.rec.gardening is.

If you want to put a link on, just copy the link and paste it into your post. I don't know enough about gardenbanter to know how it displays the url, which is why I suggested using Flickr instead, because that was designed so that people could send their friends links to photographs
__________________
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc2dogs View Post
this is the little fellow roots are all underground and connected together
Pretty certainly rosebay.

url:http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...e-dsc00088.jpg
__________________

Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default can someone please id these please

On Apr 12, 12:37*pm, lfc2dogs
wrote:
kay;955752 Wrote:

That's the point Christine was making - if you are with an ISP that
doesn't support newsgroups or indeed if you are relatively new to the
internet and your computer hasn't arrived with a newsreader amongst the
bundled software) how do you find out about urg? Answer - via a web
portal.

i have not got a clue what your all on about with posting on sites, i
struggled putting the pics on this site. thanks for all the help on my
problem. i have took some new pics and will post on here but not sure
how to put links on sorry, but if i find out how to i will

lfc2dogs

If you want to have pics to show this site then you neet to use a site
like Photobucket.com tou can then post a link to them
Old 13-04-2012, 08:21 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
But however many times you try to send a photo
to uk.rec.gardening, we won't see it because the group doesn't accept
pics.
Does the url in my most recent post in this thread show up in urg? And if you click on it, can you see the pic?
__________________
Old 03-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_3_] View Post
On 10/04/2012 19:28, lfc2dogs wrote:
im new on here so hello everyone, i have moved to a new house at the end
of last year so this is my 1st spring in my new large garden. after i
have cut all the brambles down i noticed something sprouting and has
spread really fast, iv searched everywhere to find out what it is and
had no joy. the plant is all connected under ground on a massive root,
sprouts red then turns green with longish thin green leaves. trying to
load pics for you to help id them

I'm unable to see your pic, but wonder if your plant could be Japanese
Knotweed? In this area, it is just starting to push its strong red
shoots up through local pavements and gardens. It certainly has a
massive root system. Although the leaves are not considered narrow, the
young red shoots may appear to be so as they unfurl. If it is, you need
to get rid of it as soon as possible.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

--

Japanese knotweed removal - Environmental Agency | environmental issues | environmental science