Old 30-04-2012, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What a beautiful day.

Wall to wall sun and just a little breeze to help dry up things, just what
was needed. Carrots, Parsnips and Fennel planted and our large Iris bed
weeded on our allotment, gardens at home tidied up and the grass cut and
spent wisteria flowers blown off the paths. All looks lovely and tended
again. Await to see what tomorrow brings.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 30-04-2012, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Apr 30, 5:51*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Wall to wall sun and just a little breeze to help dry up things, just what
was needed. Carrots, Parsnips and Fennel planted and our large Iris bed
weeded on our allotment, gardens at home tidied up and the grass cut and
spent wisteria flowers blown off the paths. All looks lovely and tended
again. Await to see what tomorrow brings.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

It just goes to show how much rain we had in the lead up to this last
weekend, Last night into this morning we just had 1/4 of an inch of
rain together with wind gusting to 55 mph this morning and driving the
rain horizontaly.
There is no way we could get out to cut grass, you can't even walk on
the grass without leaving muddy prints and sinking in in patches.
We now have some lovely evening sunshine with the weather trying to
look all inocent, and lulling us into a false sence of security before
it hits us again in the early hours of the morning.
But I've just sen this years first Swallows, a flight of 6 darting
around and shouting their heads off.
David @ the windy and water soaked end of Swansea Bay
Old 01-05-2012, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Bob Hobden wrote:
Wall to wall sun and just a little breeze to help dry up things, just what
was needed. Carrots, Parsnips and Fennel planted and our large Iris bed
weeded on our allotment, gardens at home tidied up and the grass cut and
spent wisteria flowers blown off the paths. All looks lovely and tended
again. Await to see what tomorrow brings.

I just popped out to the neighbour's greenhouse, and there is a huge puddle in the way - I dn't normally have to wear wellies in the garden!

Caught the dry spell during Sunday and got another row of potatoes in, but the ground was too heavy to do any more. Still got 3 varieties to put in!

Noticed the early redcurrants are starting to form berries already - will have to net them soon, as last year we got nothing at all from that bush after the birds stripped it overnight.