Old 12-03-2005, 10:27 AM
McCready

Default Beautiful Day!!

It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Kate Morgan

It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

Hurrah for the sunshine :-) I am on the other side of the river and have
been out there in the garden getting stuff done, blow the housework it
can wait :-)

kate
Old 12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Chris S

"McCready" wrote in message
. uk...
It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

Occasional snow showers in a biting wind and a garden that squelches when
you put a foot on it. Another day in sunny Aberdeen :-((

Chris S

Old 12-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Gary Woods

"McCready" wrote:

It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

This is more than a little off-topic, but in the northeastern American
colony of New York, it's 25F, with a couple of inches of snow overnight and
more predicted. I don't dare open any garden catalogs; it would be like
grocery shopping when you're hungry!

Old 12-03-2005, 01:43 PM

Magwitch writes:

Chris S muttered:

"McCready" wrote in message
. uk...
It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

Occasional snow showers in a biting wind and a garden that squelches when
you put a foot on it. Another day in sunny Aberdeen :-((

It's much the same in West Suffolk... you are not alone :-((

A reasonable day and not too bad underfoot in Cambridge. Can I get the
lawnmower to fire? Nope.

Anthony

Old 12-03-2005, 02:28 PM
JennyC

"McCready" wrote in message
. uk...
It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

We usually get your weather the next day........
I hope we do 'cos it's beastly here in Holland today !
Cold, wind, snow flurries, rain brrrrrrrrrrrr

Jenny

Old 12-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered User

Location: south west france

... a wonderful (very first) spring day here in south west france. Saw the first bumble bee of the year, the iris reticulata's have just come out, and an amazing flock of migrating geese flew overhead on their way to Finland. Celebrated with an aperitif at the back of the garden - but it could all end in tears - this time last year we had snow!

jay jay
Old 12-03-2005, 10:03 PM
keith ;-\)

Chilly, but sunny all day and dry.Working so couldn't get out !!

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.
wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:28:17 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

"McCready" wrote in message
.uk...
It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

We usually get your weather the next day........
I hope we do 'cos it's beastly here in Holland today !
Cold, wind, snow flurries, rain brrrrrrrrrrrr

Last night a Dutch weatherman mentioned 18DegC for next weekend, by
then we will be in Yorkshire.
--
Martin

Old 13-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Dave Poole

For a very brief time it rose to 15C yesterday here in Torbay,
although a light wind kept an edge to the perceived temperatures.
Glorious weather? You bet! - I went outside and gave everything a
good long soak in order to counter the dust-dry conditions that have
prevailed here over the past 5 or 6 weeks. I noticed that my Valencia
orange in a large pot close to the house was looking exceptionally
parched, but fair play to it, there are already clusters of flower
buds ready to open. With much warmer temperatures on the way, I hope
that everything that went into stasis due to the very late arrival of
winter, will now resume growth and get on where it left off.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November

Old 13-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
For a very brief time it rose to 15C yesterday here in Torbay,
although a light wind kept an edge to the perceived temperatures.
Glorious weather? You bet! - I went outside and gave everything a
good long soak in order to counter the dust-dry conditions that have
prevailed here over the past 5 or 6 weeks. I noticed that my Valencia
orange in a large pot close to the house was looking exceptionally
parched, but fair play to it, there are already clusters of flower
buds ready to open. With much warmer temperatures on the way, I hope
that everything that went into stasis due to the very late arrival of
winter, will now resume growth and get on where it left off.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November

Same here on south of the Isle of Wight today, where sheltered from the NW
wind. I managed 4 hours in the garden without the need for clothes.
Wonderful! Buds in the orchard, daffodils & primroses out and bluebells
pushing up. I gives you hope!

Old 13-03-2005, 05:29 PM
McCready

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
[...]

Can we have a picture? ;O)

Old 14-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Duncan Heenan

. uk...

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
[...]

Why? You too have a body.

Old 14-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Martin Sykes

"McCready" wrote in message
. uk...
It's a glorious sunny day in Bristol.

I'm going to my greenhouse and tinker with my new drip watering system.
Just got a water timer to finish it off.

Make sure you don't leave the timer on at the moment as they're not frost
proof and are very expensive to replace.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 14-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Mike

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message

Same here on south of the Isle of Wight today, where sheltered from the NW
wind. I managed 4 hours in the garden without the need for clothes.
Wonderful! Buds in the orchard, daffodils & primroses out and bluebells
pushing up. I gives you hope!

What Duncan doesn't tell you, is that he lives in a real 'Tropical Pocket'
on the Isle of Wight and only about 2 miles North ;-) it could freeze 'bits
off you' at the same time ;-))
I have a pocket like that in my back garden, but it is only 'deck chair'
sized :-((

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past