Old 26-05-2012, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the tour around your lovely
garden, for tea and cake (baked by Liz - delicious!) and for your
patience while I limited myself to merely 2 clematis. Your hansome dog,
Monty,obviously, was a bonus :~).

I will let you know the progress of the clematis (C. Lord Neville and C.
Gillian Blades, for urglers' information). For the time being, I am
going to pot them on into bigger pots until I've prepared a suitable
site for them.

Thanks again!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 26-05-2012, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Spider
writes
Hi Charlie,

Ooh while we've got your attention can you also recommend a Clematis
that grows about 10 foot up pyramid thing in full sun, fairly good soil,
neutral - preferably one or even two that would go together pruning wise
and also one about 15 foot if such a thing exists. She bought the
pyramid and now wants me to suggest some climbers

Also one to go through conifers - A Montana would be too strong for them
but they want something to enliven the hedge

Will probably need a herbaceous one too to go on two smaller metal
pyramids (about 5ft) that the same garden owner saw as a 'bargain'.

also preferably ones you stock
--
Janet Tweedy

Old 28-05-2012, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Spider
writes
Hi Charlie,

Ooh while we've got your attention can you also recommend a Clematis that
grows about 10 foot up pyramid thing in full sun, fairly good soil,
neutral - preferably one or even two that would go together pruning wise
and also one about 15 foot if such a thing exists. She bought the pyramid
and now wants me to suggest some climbers

Also one to go through conifers - A Montana would be too strong for them
but they want something to enliven the hedge

Will probably need a herbaceous one too to go on two smaller metal
pyramids (about 5ft) that the same garden owner saw as a 'bargain'.

also preferably ones you stock
--
Janet Tweedy

Spider
Thank you for the thank you, Monte normally steals the show, we have a
photography coming from BT on Tuesday and because he has been before I know
he will take more pictures of the dog than either us or the plants,
something of a relief as they always seem to want you to do something cheesy
or embarrassing for the pictures.

Janet, where to start!

Conifer
take a look at

Elvan
Little Bas
Hagelby Pink
Kermesina
White Magic

Obelisick
Etoile Violette
Madam Julia Correvon
Emelia Plater
Huldine
Prince Charles

Smaller structures
Eeitika
Kaaru
Pink Fantasy
Heather Herschell
Blue Boy

All can of course be mixed to suit colour schemes, and there are lots more

Or if you want just one
Lambton Park does a wonderful job

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall