Old 15-09-2007, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ping: Charlie / howdy back response

I'm good, been busy. Got our first rain in months last night. Had some
twisters in the area yesterday afternoon, I got pics of one myself. It
never touched down. Thankful for that. Very thankful for the rain. We
are "eye-high" in cornstalks. Round baling them seems to be working
out very well. Our cattle & horses are enjoying them for the moment.
Picked up extra business for it, got a tractor & baler paid off.
Really thankful for that as well.
My freebie server is still down, so still doing the "google-
thing"...ugh, but it's free. Start homeschooling a little girl from
down the road on Monday. Baby's finally got her first two teeth cut
thru now. Makes my nights a little easier. I don't know why, but it
seems nights are always the worst when children are sick or teething.

Having the dedication for the baby & my sister's graduation tomorrow.
Don't remember if I mentioned it awhile back, but those things were
post-poned on account of my great-aunt's near-fatal wreck. She's doing
better, in skilled nursing. She's a living miracle, she shoulda been
gone by medical standards.

Glad to read you again...Been praying for ya buddy. Don't know what's
going on, but for some reason, keeping ya in my prayers. Hope you
don't mind...it sure can't hurt ya none.
Give me a holler sometime..

Rae

Old 17-09-2007, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sep 16, 9:52 pm, Charlie wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:37:10 -0700, raeannsimpson

wrote:

snip

G'luck with the schooling. As you well know, kids do wonderfully when
you just get them pointed in the right direction, watch carefully for
their strengths and weaknesses, and allow them to learn. Amazing what
they will do when you don't try to stifle their natural curiousity and
creativity.

Thank you. I'm hoping it will work out well for the child's sake. I
have a long relationship with home schooling...

Is this the wreck you mentioned, oh shoot, what three/four months ago?
When you provided care for a while? I don't think so, but I have not
been a frequent flyer here lately.

I think you are re-calling the one that my MIL was in. MIL's wreck was
a week or 2 before my great aunt's...

Glad to read you again...Been praying for ya buddy. Don't know what's
going on, but for some reason, keeping ya in my prayers. Hope you
don't mind...it sure can't hurt ya none.
Give me a holler sometime..

You kinda took me by surprise here, girl.

I kinda figured that....

Hmmmmmm........so perhaps you are behind a chain of circumstances that
have me giving a closer look at myself! ;-)

Hey, that never hurts anyone! A little self reflection is good for
all...

Seriously, and the above was serious, though in a light manner... I
have been doing battle with some personal demons lately. Some days I
prevail, other days the "demons" get the upper hand, but the daily
struggle goes. Daily picking up one's cross, one might say. It's OK,
life is not easy, not meant to be, IMO. Always room for improvement.

Above comment applies here also...

But, I have become aware of something that could underlie some of these
problems and am having a go at that. First off, I gotta kick the crap
out of one particular nasty and then we'll see. Layer by layer, a bit
like taking an onion apart.

Interesting that you would pick up on this. I appreciate the prayers
and please continue, though you get scant info on the nature of how you
should pray, yet enough it is. Gives me strength.

Well, reading "between the lines" of your few posts lately, I kinda
noticed something wasn't "quite" right... No one ever needs all the
details to be able to pray for someone, regardless of personal beliefs
in the view of religion. In the meantime, if you ever need me for
anything...(& that sentiment goes for anyone on the group) everyone on
here knows my email addy, & it is the correct one!

You take care and give your family hugs

Same to you! Hope the grands are doing well. I'm sure you're enjoying
them.

Thanks
Charlie

Anytime...
Rae

Old 17-09-2007, 06:11 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article . com,
raeannsimpson wrote:

G'luck with the schooling. As you well know, kids do wonderfully when
you just get them pointed in the right direction, watch carefully for
their strengths and weaknesses, and allow them to learn. Amazing what
they will do when you don't try to stifle their natural curiousity and
creativity.

Thank you. I'm hoping it will work out well for the child's sake. I
have a long relationship with home schooling...

Fact is that 30% - 40% of kids don't need teachers. They just need to be
pointed in the right direction. In Public Schools there are 25 - 30
students per teacher. The more face time a student gets with the
teacher, the better the student will learn. Go through the math and
English with them and show them how to get to the right answer. The only
real problem with small numbers of students is socialization. Find some
way for your students to interact with other kids, and don't forget the
museums. Having older students teach younger students is also good. You
never learn so well as when you teach.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
- Bob Marley
Old 18-09-2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

Hell Billy, as you
know "socialization" carries it's own dangers. I was one well
socialized little prick, and I am still trying to unlearn some of the
crap that was learnt.

Glad to hear that your havin' a good day, dawg. Funny the roads that we
tread up and down, sometimes new, sometimes familiar. Sure makes a mess
out of the soles of my shoes.

When I was just a boy, I went to school with "Mexican" and "Nisei" kids
and it wasn't until after I got out of high school that I encountered
prejudice against them. I didn't know different was bad, and I still
don't. Funny how when a four year old laughs. They could be anybody's
kid. If you can just let people interact, without any cultural
prejudice, I think we would all be better off for it. We all came from
the same place geographically and we're all going to the same place
geologically.

Peace.

Old 18-09-2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:16:21 -0700, Billy wrote:

Tired I am, just a little record keeping to due first then I'll go
rejoin "Lovey-poo".

By the way, the prunella was a big success in controlling my BP but it
has stopped flowering and I am back to my allopathic meds. I was able to
cut the BP meds in half and if I had had more prunella I could have done
better. Basically, I put about 2 " of prunella in a 1 quart (liter?)
water bottle and drank out of it for 2 days, replacing the water as
needed. I usually tossed in half a sliced lemon and a couple of sprigs
of mint for flavor. Now I'm commencing with the bitter melon to treat
Type II diabetes. Today I recorded my highest BG and my lowest. Here I
go again.

One step up and two steps back for ya'.

Have you tried an infusion of whole dried herb? It is fairly cheap.
Maybe you've been there, done that.

http://www.herbaladvantage.com/showp...8-83DA-7A174EC
EB3B12387.09182007&AID=1&CategoryID=2&Ltr=H-K

Heal All Leaf - Cut CO

Prunella vulgaris
Heal All Leaf Cut is Certified Organic

Prunella vulgaris is a perennial plant that is also known as "Heal All"
or "Self Heal". Prunella vulgaris contains rosmarinic acid,
triterpenoid compounds.

Heal All has many potential benefits, including anti-microbial,
anti-viral, and anti-oxidant properties. Heal All may have activity
against herpes simplex virus which could be of benefit in oral herpes
and genital herpes.

Part Used: Herb.
A valuable but largely forgotten heat-clearing herb. Internally and
externally for many types of infection (bacterial and viral). Very good
rinse or gargle for mouth sores, pyorrhea, sore and strep throat. Ear
and eye inflammation. Discharges and bleeding in general. Fresh wounds
and sores. Studies show it to be valuable for high blood pressure,
neurocardiac symptoms. Dizziness and ringing in the ears.

We have friends that now live in St. Lucia. I say friends but they are
more like family. Years of Saturday nights together over a dinner table
and our kids grew up together. She is black of skin and English by
disposition. Her daughter, from a previous marriage, was 3 years old
when we first met and the pride of both families until she was taught
that she was black and what that means in a white society. She knows
that doors are closed to her because of her skin color, and it has eaten
at her ever since. Can you imagine waking up every day and not knowing
whether people are being rude to you because you unconsciously did
something, or because you are black, or brown? If you can, then you are
black or brown. Remember James Brown and "Say it out loud". Only a fool
thinks we are different. We all came out of Africa.

Socialization, where the content of one's heart is more important than
the hue of one's skin.

Buenos Noches Amigo,

Ha......this reminds me that my Lovey and I have often laughed about
skin color issues. Why would we insipid-looking, bleached-out pinkish
things think we were in anyways superior by dint of our pigmentation,
or lack of it. Cripes, we "europeans" are butt-ugly colored. Makes
you wonder what's with all the hoopla and desire for tanning, eh?

Charlie

Worth a gander concerning Diabetic issues.

Bill

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/20...thorities.html

Alan hangs about over in Alt.support.diabetes

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 20-09-2007, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

[...]

No I haven't. The information I was using calls for just the use of the
flowers but I should try the leaf to check its' efficacy. I had two
patches of prunella in pots. I planted one and I need to plant the other
because I need more mass to get through the year.

Thanks for the site.

[...]

Fortunately, the wife of my friend came from St. Lucia, which is 99%
black skinned. She knows who she is and who we are. I think her attitude
is, "What can you do with fools?" I think any person of color could use
some time in a society of color, just to not have "whitey's" opinion
hanging over them.

I hope things go well in Jena tomorrow.

Maybe some day we can all be color blind.